ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Next Board Meeting: 21 February. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF’s official global conference series.
– Travel Assistance applications now being accepted for ApacheCon/Montreal https://www.apache.org/travel/
– CFP is open for ApacheCon 24-29 September in Montreal http://apachecon.com/
– CFP is also open for the Apache Roadshow Europe 13-14 June in Berlin http://apachecon.com/euroadshow18/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield sensational performance at 99.95% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 547 Apache contributors changed 1,185,183 lines of code over 3,568 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Christopher Collins; Duo Zhang, Felix Schumacher, Andrea Cosentino, and Dan Haywood.
Apache CloudStack™ –Open Source enterprise Cloud orchestration platform.
– The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® CloudStack® v4.11 https://s.apache.org/CloudStack411
Apache Commons™ Compress –defines an API for working with compression and archive formats.
– Apache Commons Compress 1.16.1 released http://commons.apache.org/
Apache Curator™ –a Java/JVM client library for Apache ZooKeeper that includes a high-level API framework and utilities to make using Apache ZooKeeper much easier and more reliable.
– Apache Curator 4.0.1 released http://curator.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
– Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.6.9 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache JMeter™ –pure Java application for load and functional testing.
– Apache JMeter 4.0 released http://jmeter.apache.org/
– CVE-2018-1297: Apache JMeter uses an unsecure RMI connection in Distributed mode http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201802.mbox/%3CCAH9fUpaNzk5am8oFe07RQ-kynCsQv54yB-uYs9bEnz7tbX-O7g%40mail.gmail.com%3E
– CVE-2018-1287: Apache JMeter binds RMI server to wildcard in distributed mode (based on RMI) http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201802.mbox/%3CCAH9fUpYsFx1%2Brwz1A%3Dmc7wAgbDHARyj1VrWNg41y9OySuL1mqw%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache JSPWiki™ –a feature-rich and extensible WikiWiki engine built around the standard JEE components (Java, servlets, JSP).
– Apache JSPWiki 2.10.3 released http://jspwiki.apache.org/
Apache Oozie™ – a workflow scheduler system to manage Apache Hadoop jobs.
– Apache Oozie 4.3.1 released http://oozie.apache.org
– CVE-2017-15712: Apache Oozie Server vulnerability http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201802.mbox/%3CCABBupGWtC2vN-JzXWeuDaN-_bP6yzRJhK%2BDAfr%3DgSGLZJGbFCQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache Phoenix™ –enables OLTP and operational analytics for Apache Hadoop by providing a relational database layer leveraging Apache HBase as its backing store.
– Apache Phoenix 5.0.0-alpha released https://phoenix.apache.org/
Apache Qpid™ –AMQP enterprise messaging implementation.
– Apache Qpid Dispatch 0.8.1 released http://qpid.apache.org
– CVE-2017-15699: Apache Qpid Dispatch Router Denial of Service Vulnerability when specially crafted frame is sent to the Router http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201802.mbox/%3CCAO30oQd%3DUw5ovTGPX-NNEeMdrURYsxceXoHcULoJF4rToi6BMA%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.
– Apache Tomcat 7.0.85, 8.0.50, 8.5.28, and 9.0.5 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
Apache Wicket™ –an Open Source Java component oriented Web application framework that powers thousands of web applications and Web sites for governments, stores, universities, cities, banks, email providers, and more.
– Apache Wicket 7.10.0 released http://wicket.apache.org
Did You Know?
– Did you know that over the past decade, the ASF’s Travel Assistance Committee has provided travel support to enable dozens of individuals across the globe to attend ApacheCon? https://www.apache.org/travel/
– Did you know that the CFP for our Apache Roadshow Europe’s host event, FOSS Backstage, closes on 18 February? https://foss-backstage.de/call-papers
– Did you know that members of the Apache Big Data community will be on the "SMACK 2.0: Emerging Data Pipelines" panel at Index Developer Conference 20-22 February/San Francisco? https://developer.ibm.com/indexconf/sessions/#!/?id=5559 Sign up by 20 February and save $70 using discount code CD3ALEXY
– Apache in 2017 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI –the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me https://s.apache.org/tQQh 7) Learning to Build a Stronger Community https://s.apache.org/x9Be 8) Meritocracy. https://s.apache.org/DiEo 9) Lowering Barriers to Open Innovation https://s.apache.org/dAlg 10) All My Roads Led to Apache https://s.apache.org/l9OO 11) Scratch Your Own Itch. https://s.apache.org/7Amk 12) What a Long Strange (and Great) Trip It’s Been https://s.apache.org/gVuN 13) A Newbie’s Narrative https://s.apache.org/A72H
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– Members of the Apache Big Data community will be at the Index Developer Conference 20-22 February/San Francisco. Sign up by 20 February and save $70 using discount code CD3ALEXY https://developer.ibm.com/indexconf/sessions/#!/?id=5559
– The Apache Tinkerpop community will be holding a MeetUp on Gremlin on 21 February in New York https://www.meetup.com/DataStax-UserGroup-NewYork/events/246762770/
– Apache CloudStack will be holding their first German Meetup on 28 February 2018 in Frankfurt https://www.meetup.com/german-CloudStack-user-group/events/246861772/?eventId=246861772
– Members of the Apache community will be presenting at DataWorks Summit 16-19 April 2018 in Berlin https://dataworkssummit.com/
– Open Expo Europe – 6-7 June 2018 in Madrid https://openexpoeurope.com/
– Meet members of the Apache community at Open Expo Madrid 6-7 June 2018 http://www.openexpo.es/en/
– We’re teaming up with Berlin Buzzwords – 10-12 June 2018 (Apache Lounge dates: 11-12 June) https://berlinbuzzwords.de/
– The 2018 Apache EU Roadshow will be held during FOSS Backstage in Berlin 13-14 June 2018 https://foss-backstage.de/
– Apache Big Data project communities will be participating at DataWorks Summit 17-21 June 2018 in San Jose https://dataworkssummit.com/
– ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary Q2 FY2018 https://s.apache.org/j1GJ
– ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #