ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 15 November. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield astute performance at 99.19% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 422 Apache contributors changed 857,635 lines of code over 2,005 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jian He, Mark Thomas, Tilman Hausherr, Svatopluk Dedic, and Carlos Sierra Andrés.
Apache Commons™ Lang –provides helper utilities for the java.lang API, notably String manipulation methods, basic numerical methods, object reflection, concurrency, creation and serialization and System properties.
– Apache Commons Lang 3.7 released http://commons.apache.org/lang/
Apache CouchDB™ –pioneering Open Source database that scales from Big Data to Mobile.
– Apache CouchDB 2.1.1 and 1.7.0 released http://couchdb.apache.org/
Apache Freemarker (incubating) –a Java library template engine to generate text output (HTML web pages, e-mails, configuration files, source code, etc.) based on templates and changing data.
– Apache FreeMarker 2.3.27-incubating released http://freemarker.org/
Apache HttpComponents™ Core –a set of HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/2 transport components that can be used to build custom client and server side HTTP services with a minimal footprint.
– HttpComponents Core 5.0 beta1 released http://hc.apache.org/
Apache Jena™ –a framework for developing Semantic Web and Linked Data applications in Java.
– Apache Jena 3.5.0 released http://jena.apache.org/
Apache Kylin™ –an Open Source Distributed Analytics Engine designed to provide SQL interface and multi-dimensional analysis (OLAP) on Apache Hadoop, supporting extremely large datasets.
– Apache Kylin 2.2.0 released https://kylin.apache.org/
Apache OpenMeetings™ –provides video conferencing, instant messaging, white board, collaborative document editing and other groupware tools using API functions of the Red5 Streaming Server for Remoting and Streaming.
– Apache OpenMeetings 4.0.0 released http://openmeetings.apache.org
Apache Qpid™ –a messaging library for the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol 1.0 (AMQP 1.0, ISO/IEC 19464, http://www.amqp.org).
– Apache Qpid Proton 0.18.1 and Qpid JMS 0.27.0 released http://qpid.apache.org/
Apache UIMA™ –a component architecture and framework for the analysis of unstructured content like text, video and audio data.
– Apache UIMA Java SDK 2.10.2 released http://uima.apache.org
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Apache Community Development (ComDev) issue a monthly blog? Catch up at https://s.apache.org/rE1T
– Did you know that the Italian Army uses Apache Syncope for identity management? http://syncope.apache.org/
– Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating anniversaries in November? Many happy returns to Apache Ant (15 yrs); Apache Labs (11 yrs); Apache HttpComponents (10 yrs); Apache Attic, Buildr, CouchDB, and Qpid (9 yrs); Apache Community Development (8 yrs); Apache OODT and ZooKeeper (7 yrs); Apache Kafka and Syncope (5 yrs); Apache Ambari and Marmotta (4 yrs); Apache BookKeeper, Drill, and MetaModel (3 yrs); Apache Brooklyn, Groovy, Kylin, and REEF (2 yrs); and Apache Geode (1 yr)!
Apache Community Notices:
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI –the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me https://s.apache.org/tQQh 7) Learning to Build a Stronger Community https://s.apache.org/x9Be 8) Meritocracy. https://s.apache.org/DiEo 9) Lowering Barriers to Open Innovation https://s.apache.org/dAlg 10) All My Roads Led to Apache https://s.apache.org/l9OO 11) Scratch Your Own Itch. https://s.apache.org/7Amk
– Presentations from ApacheCon https://s.apache.org/Hli7 and Apache: Big Data https://s.apache.org/tefE are available; as well as videos https://s.apache.org/AE3m and audio recordings https://feathercast.apache.org/
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– The ASF will be participating at China Open Source Conference COSCon ’17 18-19 November in Shanghai http://www.huodongxing.com/go/coscon17
– Apache community members share leadership best practices on Open Source governance, community leadership, open development, and more at FOSS Backstage in Berlin on 20 November 2017 https://berlinbuzzwords.de/17/news/foss-backstage-micro-summit-registration-open-now
– Meet members of the Apache CloudStack community at the CloudStack European User Group on 21 November in Leipzig https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-38657799519?aff=estw
– Members of the Apache community will be out in force at Open Source Summit Paris 6-7 December 2017 http://www.opensourcesummit.paris/
– ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary Q1 FY2018 https://s.apache.org/cEUm
– ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #