Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 18 October. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield great performance at 99.77% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 544 Apache Committers changed 1,026,830 lines of code over 3,469 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Maxim Solodovnik, Gary Gregory, Claus Ibsen, Iñigo Goiri, and Jonathan Hung.
Apache Commons™ VFS –provides a single API for accessing various different file systems.
– Apache Commons VFS 2.2 released http://commons.apache.org/vfs/
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully conforming implementation of the Content Repository for Java Technology API (JCR).
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.12.8 and Jackrabbit Oak 1.7.9 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Johnzon™ –a Java library for parsing and creating JSON.
– Apache Johnzon-1.1.4 released https://johnzon.apache.org/
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
– Apache Lucene 7.0.1 and Apache Solr 7.0.1 released https://lucene.apache.org/
– CVE-2017-12629: Please secure your Apache Solr servers since a zero-day exploit has been reported on a public mailing list http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201710.mbox/%3C018601d343b3%2453868c50%24fa93a4f0%24%40apache.org%3E
Apache NiFi™ –an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and distribute data.
– CVE-2017-12623 http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201710.mbox/%3C13B90414-1C62-4858-BD74-051F67F1F6D4%40apache.org%3E
Apache Phoenix™ –enables OLTP and SQL-based operational analytics for Apache Hadoop.
– Apache Phoenix 4.12 released http://phoenix.apache.org/
Apache Qpid™ –client supporting the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol 1.0, based around the Apache Qpid Proton protocol engine and implementing the AMQP JMS Mapping as it evolves at OASIS.
– Apache Qpid JMS 0.26.0 released http://qpid.apache.org/
Apache Syncope™ –an Open Source system for managing digital identities in enterprise environments, implemented in Java EE technology.
– Apache Syncope 2.0.6 released http://syncope.apache.org/
Apache Zookeeper™ –an Open Source server that enables highly reliable distributed coordination.
– CVE-2017-5637: DOS attack on wchp/wchc four letter words (4lw) http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201710.mbox/%3CCANLc_9KJTmetFt6MrsFQm%2Badr-1w2VeGYyMJMVVZ281-3UmJKw%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the ASF Incubator has mentored 183 podlings in the Apache Way since its inception in 2002? http://incubator.apache.org/
– Did you know that Apache Spark won the 2017 JAX Innovation award for "Most innovative contribution to the Java ecosystem"? https://jaxenter.com/winners-jax-innovation-awards-2017-137993.html
– Did you know that the City of San Diego is using Apache Airflow (incubating) for data automation? http://airflow.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– Presentations from ApacheCon https://s.apache.org/Hli7 and Apache: Big Data https://s.apache.org/tefE are available; as well as videos https://s.apache.org/AE3m and audio recordings https://feathercast.apache.org/
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– The Apache community will be at All Things Open –stop by the ASF booth and say hello! 23-24 October in Raleigh https://allthingsopen.org/
– Learn about Apache Atlas, AriaTosca (incubating), Hadoop YARN, Kafka, ManifoldCF, Ranger, Spot (incubating), Thrift, and more at Open Source Summit Europe + ELC Europe 2017 23-26 October in Prague https://osseu17.sched.com/
– Catch the Apache Ignite and Spark communities at the In-Memory Computing Summit 24-25 October in San Francisco https://imcsummit.org/
– ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary Q1 FY2018 https://s.apache.org/cEUm
– ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #