Hello, February! Here’s what the Apache community has been working on this week:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 15 February 2017. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield ongoing "three nines" performance at 99.93% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –Tomorrow’s Technology Today. https://s.apache.org/F7Hy
– CFPs close 11 February http://apachecon.com/
– Travel Assistance applications close 8 March https://www.apache.org/travel/
– Early registration and hotel rates end 12 March http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america
– Apache Committers: remember to register using your apache.org address + discount code to save even more!
– Recordings from ApacheCon Europe 2016 are being uploaded at Feathercast http://feathercast.org
New logos/marks wanted –with the launch of the ASF’s new visual identity last year, many Apache projects have been freshening up their looks. Calls are open for:
– Apache Incubator https://s.apache.org/rFii and Apache OpenNLP https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENNLP-6
Apache Atlas (incubating) –a scalable and extensible set of core foundational governance services – enabling enterprises to effectively and efficiently meet their compliance requirements within Hadoop and allows integration with the whole enterprise data ecosystem.
– Apache Atlas 0.7.1-incubating released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/atlas/0.7.1-incubating/
Apache Bahir™ –provides extensions to distributed analytic platforms such as Apache Spark.
– Apache Bahir 2.0.2 released http://bahir.apache.org
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.4.7 and Jackrabbit Oak 1.6.0 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Log4j™ –a well-known framework for logging application behavior
– Apache Log4j 2.8 released https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/
Apache OpenMeetings™ –provides video conferencing, instant messaging, white board, collaborative document editing and other groupware tools using API functions of the Red5 Streaming Server for Remoting and Streaming.
– Apache OpenMeetings 3.1.5 released http://openmeetings.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache POI™ –a Java library for reading and writing Microsoft Office files
– Apache POI 3.16 beta 2 released https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/poi/dev/RELEASE-NOTES-3.16-beta2.txt
Apache Syncope™ –an Open Source system for managing digital identities in enterprise environments, implemented in Java EE technology.
– Apache Syncope 2.0.2 released http://syncope.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache UIMA™ –a component architecture and framework for the analysis of unstructured content like text, video and audio data.
– Apache UIMA Java SDK 3.0.0-alpha released http://uima.apache.org
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Apache OpenNLP, a machine learning based toolkit for processing natural language text, can be used with Apache Lucene/Solr to tag words with part-of-speech, extract named entities, and more? https://opennlp.apache.org/
– Did you know that standalone tracks taking place alongside ApacheCon include Apache: Big Data, Flex Project Summit, TomcatCon, Apache: IoT, and CloudStack Collaboration Conference? Join us! http://apachecon.com/
– Did you know that Apache CouchDB has its own weekly news round-up? https://blog.couchdb.org/2017/02/02/couchdb-weekly-news-february-2-2017/
Apache Community Notices:
– "Success at Apache" is a new monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) "All Carrot and No Stick" https://s.apache.org/ykoG
– Feedback from The Apache Software Foundation on the Free and Open Source Security Audit (FOSSA) https://s.apache.org/romf
– ASF Operations Summary – Q2 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/oTOF
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
– ApacheCon North America and Apache:BigData will be held 16-18 May 2017 in Miami http://apachecon.com/
# # #