Hello, everyone –let’s review the Apache community’s activities from over the past week:
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– CFP open: ApacheCon Asia – 29-31 July (online) https://apachecon.com/acasia2022/cfp.html
– CFP open: ApacheCon North America – 3-6 October (New Orleans) https://cfp.apachecon.com/
– Travel Assistance applications open: for ApacheCon North America. Apply today https://apache.org/travel/
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 18 May 2022. Running Board calendar and minutes are available.
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. View the ASF’s Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 352 Apache Committers and 867 contributors changed 5,014,702 lines of code over 3,393 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Mark Thomas, Liang Zhang, Claus Ibsen, Jarek Potiuk, and Andi Huber.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache Arrow 8.0.0 released
– Apache Calcite 1.21.0 released
– Apache BookKeeper 4.15.0 released
– Apache Flink Table Store 0.1.0 released
– Apache UIMA Java SDK 3.3.0 released
– Apache OpenOffice 4.1.12 released
Embedded OS —
– Apache Mynewt 1.10.0 and Apache NimBLE 1.5.0 released
– Apache Fineract 1.7.0 released
– Apache Commons Daemon 1.3.1 released
– Apache Solr 9.0.0 released
– Apache Tomcat Native 1.2.33 released
— CVE-2022-29885: EncryptInterceptor DoS
— CVE-2022-25762: Request Mix-up
Did You Know?
– Did you know that China Unicom uses Apache DolphinScheduler for
cross-cluster calls in automated billing procedures, including auditing,
revenue sharing, and other operations to serve 40 billion voice orders
per day? https://dolphinscheduler.apache.org/
– Did you know that Beam Summit (18-20 July/Hybrid) has announced hands-on Workshops?
– Did you know that the Apache Cassandra project is requesting community members to share their experiences of ApacheCon? https://t.co/XumUaVCuTB
Apache Community Notices
– Apache in 2021 – By The Digits + Video highlights
– Watch “Trillions and Trillions Served“, the documentary on the ASF 1) full feature [49 min] 2) “Apache Everywhere” [6 min] 3) “Why Apache” [2.5 min] 4) “Apache Innovation” [40 min]
– ASF Annual Report: FY2021 (PDF)
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
– Foundation Reports and Statements
– Presentations from 2021’s ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works.”
– Follow the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and The ASF page LinkedIn.
– Follow the Apache Community on Facebook and Twitter.
Stay updated about The ASF
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, Planet Apache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.