Welcome, May –we’re opening the month with another great week. Here’s what the Apache community has been up to:
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– CFP open: ApacheCon Asia – 29-31 July (online) https://apachecon.com/acasia2022/cfp.html
– CFP open: ApacheCon North America – 3-6 October (New Orleans) https://cfp.apachecon.com/
– Travel Assistance applications open: for ApacheCon North America. Apply today https://apache.org/travel/
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 18 May 2022. Running Board calendar and minutes are available.
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. View the ASF’s Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 298 Apache Committers and 714 contributors changed 2,668,743 lines of code over 3,291 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Gary Gregory, Liang Zhang, Jiajing Lu, and Benoit Tellier.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache NiFi 1.16.1 released
— CVE-2022-29265: Improper Restriction of XML External Entity References in Multiple Components
– Apache Flink 1.15.0 released
– Apache Tika 1.28.2 and 2.4.0 released
– Apache PDFBox 3.0.0-alpha3 released
– Apache Camel 3.11.7 (LTS) and 3.14.3 (LTS) released
– Apache Jena CVE-2022-28890: Processing external DTDs
– Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.5 and 5.17.1 released
– Apache Airflow 2.3.0 released
Web Frameworks –
– Apache Wicket 9.10.0 released
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating
anniversaries this month? Congratulations to Apache Geronimo (18 years);
Tomcat (17 years); OpenJPA, POI, TomEE, Turbine (15 years); Libcloud
(11 years); Giraph, ManifoldCF (10 years); Phoenix (8 years); Whimsy (7
years); Bahir, TinkerPop, Zeppelin (6 years); SystemDS (5 years);
Traffic Control (4 years); Dubbo (3 years); Hudi, Iceberg (2 years). https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
– Did you know that the ASF Security team has opened a paid position for Security Response Program Manager? https://blogs.apache.org/security/entry/position-available-security-response-program
– Did you know that Japan’s Nara Women’s University’s Researchers Database webapp is powered by Apache Wicket? https://wicket.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices
– Apache in 2021 – By The Digits + Video highlights
– Watch “Trillions and Trillions Served“, the documentary on the ASF 1) full feature [49 min] 2) “Apache Everywhere” [6 min] 3) “Why Apache” [2.5 min] 4) “Apache Innovation” [40 min]
– ASF Annual Report: FY2021 (PDF)
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
– Foundation Reports and Statements
– Presentations from 2021’s ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works.”
– Follow the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and The ASF page LinkedIn.
– Follow the Apache Community on Facebook and Twitter.
Stay updated about The ASF
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, Planet Apache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.