Happy Friday, everyone –here’s what the Apache community has been up to over the past week:
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– CFP for ApacheCon North America 2022 (taking place 3-6 October in New Orleans) is now open https://blogs.apache.org/conferences/entry/call-for-presentations-apachecon-north
– Travel Assistance applications for ApacheCon are open until 1 July https://apache.org/travel/
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 20 April 2022. Running Board calendar and minutes are available.
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.99%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. View the ASF’s Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 402 Apache Committers and 1,048 contributors changed 17,760,803 lines of code over 5,646 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Otavio Rodolfo Piske, Andi Huber, Jinrui.Zhang, Liang Zhang, and Dillon Walls.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Incubator –where new Apache projects (aka “podlings”) are mentored in the Apache Way of community-led development.
– Apache brpc (incubating) 1.1.0 released
Attic –provides process and solutions when an Apache project has reached its end of life.
– Apache River is now retired
Business Intelligence/Data Visualization —
– Apache Superset CVE-2022-27479: SQL injection vulnerability in chart data API
– Apache Qpid ProtonJ2 1.0.0-M5 released
– Apache SkyWalking 9.0.0, Client JS version 0.8.0, and Java Agent 8.10.0 released
– New Apache Airflow Providers released
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Apache APISIX Summit Asia will be held online 20-21 May? https://s.apache.org/rhzue
– Did you know that the next Apache Airflow Community Meetup is taking place on 20 April 2022? https://www.crowdcast.io/e/airflow-meetup-april/register
– Did you know that demand for Apache Syncope identity management artifacts were downloaded 22.5K times over the last month? https://syncope.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices
– ASF Annual Report: FY2021 (PDF)
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
– Presentations from 2021’s ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works.”
Stay updated about The ASF
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, Planet Apache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.