Farewell, October –we’re wrapping up the month with another great week. Here are the latest updates on the Apache
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 17 November 2021. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s
Technology Today since 1998.
– Our 2021 events are complete: thanks to all speakers, sponsors, participants, and planners for their great turnout!
– Presentations for ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. View the Apache Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot –
Over the past week, 320 Apache Committers changed 12,061,492 lines of
code over 2,610 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Tomaz Muraus, Udo Schnurpfeil, David Jencks, Claus Ibsen, and Konrad Windszus.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
– Apache ShenYu (incubating) 2.4.1 available
– Apache Qpid ProtonJ2 1.0.0-M3 released
Did You Know?
– Did you know that organizations can support the ASF through one-time or
recurring corporate contributions, matching gifts, and other corporate
– Did you know that presentations from ApacheCon’s 2021 events are available on the ASF’s YouTube channel?
– Did you know that BNP Paribas uses Apache Ignite as a Hybrid Transactional-Analytical Processing solution?
Apache Community Notices
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
– Presentations from ApacheCon Asia are available on YouTube
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works.”
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
…Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
Stay updated about The ASF
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending
mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For
a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.