We’re wrapping up another great week with the following activities from the Apache community:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 17 November 2021. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s
Technology Today since 1998.
– Our 2021 events are complete: thanks to all speakers, sponsors, participants, and planners for their great turnout!
– Presentations for ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. View the Apache Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot –
Over the past week, 313 Apache Committers changed 7,080,993 lines of
code over 2,545 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Claus Ibsen, Gary Gregory, Jarek Potiuk, Andi Huber, Andrea Cosentino, and Tamas Cservenak.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache Calcite 1.28.0 released
– Apache DataFu 1.6.1 released
– Apache XMLBeans 5.0.2 released
– Apache Flink 1.13.3 released
– Apache Storm 1.2.4, 2.1.1 and 2.2.1 released
— CVE-2021-38294: Apache Storm: Shell Command Injection
Vulnerability in Nimbus Thrift Server
— CVE-2021-40865: Apache Storm: Unsafe Pre-Authentication
Deserialization In Workers
Build Management —
– Apache Ant 1.10.12 released
– Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.33.10 and JMS 1.3.0 released
– Apache SkyWalking CLI 0.9.0 and Eyes 0.2.0 released
– Apache Lucene 8.10.1 released
– Apache Solr 8.10.1 released
– Apache HttpComponents Core 5.2-alpha2 released
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the ASF’s 2021 multi-national Board of Directors
comprises members from Australia, Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden,
Switzerland, and the United States, as well as our first Board member
– Did you know that Flink Forward starts next week? Sign up today and join online 26-27 October?
– Did you know that the next CloudStack Collaboration Conference will be held online 9-12 November?
Apache Community Notices
– The Apache Month in Review: September 2021 https://s.apache.org/September2021 and video highlights https://youtu.be/v3GdwUmevog
– Watch “Trillions and Trillions Served“, the documentary on the ASF 1) full feature [49 min] 2) “Apache Everywhere” [6 min] 3) “Why Apache” [2.5 min] 4) “Apache Innovation” [40 min]
– ASF Annual Report: FY2021 — Press release and Report (PDF)
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
– Foundation Reports and Statements
– Presentations from ApacheCon Asia are available on YouTube
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works.”
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
…Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
– Follow the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and The ASF page LinkedIn.
– Follow the Apache Community on Facebook and Twitter.
Stay updated about The ASF
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending
mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For
a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.