We’re wrapping up another great week with the following activities from the Apache community:
ASF Annual Report – a look back at our many achievements during the 2021 Fiscal Year
– Press release https://s.apache.org/FY2021AnnualReport-pressrelease
– Full report https://s.apache.org/FY2021AnnualReport
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 15 September 2021. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998. ApacheCon Asia was held online 6-8 August; ApacheCon@Home is coming up next on 21-23 September:
– The Apache® Software Foundation Announces Program for ApacheCon@Home 2021 https://s.apache.org/ACHome202
– Learn about the Community Track from Sharan Foga and Swapnil M Mane https://youtu.be/8cZF-gaE3a4
– Register for ApacheCon@Home https://www.apachecon.com/acah2021/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 326 Apache Committers changed 9,187,985 lines of code over 2,985 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Harikrishna Patnala, Andi Huber, Yann Ylavic, Andrea Cosentino, and Benoit Tellier.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
– Apache APISIX Go Plugin Runner 0.2.0 released https://apisix.apache.org/
Application Servers —
– Apache Geronimo Arthur 1.0.3 released https://geronimo.apache.org/arthur
– Apache Geode 1.14.0 released http://geode.apache.org/
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.14.10 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Programming Languages —
– Apache Groovy 2.5.15, 3.0.9, and 4.0.0-beta-1 released https://groovy.apache.org/
– Apache DolphinScheduler 1.3.8 released https://dolphinscheduler.apach
– Apache Airflow CVE-2021-38540: Variable Import endpoint missed authentication check https://s.apache.org/88ww5
Did You Know?
– Did you know that ByteDance uses Apache Hudi to build exabyte-scale data lakes for services such as TikTok? http://hudi.apache.org/
– Did you know that the Netherlands and Japan Pulsar MeetUp groups are having meetups in September? https://pulsar.apache.org/en/events/
– Did you know that Kafka Summit will be held online and free of charge 14-15 September? http://kafka.apache.org/events
Apache Community Notices
– Watch “Trillions and Trillions Served”, the documentary on the ASF 1) full feature [49 min] https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) “Apache Everywhere” [6 min] https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) “Why Apache” [2.5 min] https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions-WhyApache 4) “Apache Innovation” [40 min] https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
– The Apache Month in Review: August 2021 https://s.apache.org/August2021
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– Presentations from ApacheCon Asia are available at https://s.apache.org/ApacheConAsia2021-talks
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
…Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
– Follow the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Follow the Apache Community on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.