Hello, Friday –let’s take a look at the Apache community’s activities from the past week:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 15 September 2021. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998. ApacheCon Asia was held online 6-8 August; ApacheCon@Home is coming up next on 21-23 September:
– The Apache® Software Foundation Announces Program for ApacheCon@Home 2021 https://s.apache.org/ACHome202
– Register for ApacheCon@Home https://www.apachecon.com/acah2021/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 98.52%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 307 Apache Committers changed 2,747,090 lines of code over 2,669 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Andrea Cosentino, Andi Huber, Harikrishna Patnala, Claus Ibsen, and Gary Gregory.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache NiFi – MiNiFi C++ CVE-2021-33191: MiNiFi CPP arbitrary script execution is possible on the agent’s host machine through the c2 protocol https://s.apache.org/t1okn
Confidential Computing —
– Apache Teaclave (incubating) 0.3.0 released https://teaclave.apache.org/
– Apache Geometry 1.0 released https://commons.apache.org/pro
– Apache Portable Runtime CVE-2021-35940: Regression of CVE-2017-12613 https://s.apache.org/rvqdx
– Apache Qpid Dispatch 1.17.0 released https://qpid.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Dropbox uses Apache Superset as their data exploration platform? https://superset.apache.org/
– Did you know that the CFP for Pulsar Summit Asia in November closes on 8 September? https://pulsar.apache.org/en/events/
– Did you know that the CFP is open for the CloudStack Collaboration Conference in November? https://cloudstack.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices
– Watch “Trillions and Trillions Served”, the documentary on the ASF 1) full feature [49 min] https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) “Apache Everywhere” [6 min] https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) “Why Apache” [2.5 min] https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions-WhyApache 4) “Apache Innovation” [40 min] https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– Presentations from ApacheCon Asia are available at https://s.apache.org/ApacheConAsia2021-talks
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
…Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q3 FY2021 (November 2020 – January 2021) https://s.apache.org/Q3FY2021 + Video highlights https://youtu.be/S6FWqAuA_8M
– The Apache® Software Foundation Celebrates 22 Years of Open Source Leadership – world’s largest Open Source foundation advances community-led innovation “The Apache Way” https://s.apache.org/22ndAnniversay
– Apache in 2020 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2020Digits + Video highlights https://s.apache.org/Apache2020Digits-vid
– ASF Security Report 2020 https://s.apache.org/SecurityReport2020 + Video highlights https://youtu.be/Z7yudar_da0
– ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
– Follow the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Follow the Apache Community on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.