Happy Friday! We’ve had another great week –let’s review the Apache community’s activities:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 15 September 2021. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998. ApacheCon Asia was held online 6-8 August; ApacheCon@Home is coming up next on 21-23 September:
– The Apache® Software Foundation Announces Program for ApacheCon@Home 2021 https://s.apache.org/ACHome202
– Register for ApacheCon@Home https://www.apachecon.com/acah2021/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 321 Apache Committers changed 32,652,622 lines of code over 3,047 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jarek Potiuk, Alex Herbert, Claus Ibsen, Ephraim Anierobi, and Gary Gregory.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
– Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.3 released https://activemq.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that recent projects undergoing development in the Apache Incubator include EventMesh (eventing), Hop (orchestration), Kyuubi (Big Data), Linkis (middleware), Sedona (geospatial data), and Wayang (Big Data)? http://incubator.apache.org/
– Did you know that Uber’s Big Data platform is powered by Apache Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, ORC, Parquet, Spark, YARN, and more? https://projects.apache.org/projects.html?category
Apache Community Notices
– Watch “Trillions and Trillions Served”, the documentary on the ASF 1) full feature [49 min] https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) “Apache Everywhere” [6 min] https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) “Why Apache” [2.5 min] https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions-WhyApache 4) “Apache Innovation” [40 min] https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– Presentations from select Apache events and 2020’s ApacheCon@Home are available at https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation/
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
…Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
– The Apache® Software Foundation Celebrates 22 Years of Open Source Leadership – world’s largest Open Source foundation advances community-led innovation “The Apache Way” https://s.apache.org/22ndAnniversay
– ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
– Follow the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Follow the Apache Community on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.