Another great week from the Apache community! Here’s what happened:
Support Apache –help secure the future of free, community-driven software. Every dollar counts. http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 19 July 2017. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield cheery performance at 97.28% uptime http://status.apache.org/
Apache Incubator –the entry path for codebases and their communities to become an official part of the ASF.
– Welcome New Podlings: Livy, Pulsar, and Superset http://incubator.apache.org/
Apache HTTP Server™ –the world’s most popular Web server.
– Apache HTTP Server 2.4.26 released http://httpd.apache.org/
Apache HBase™ –an Open Source, distributed, versioned, non-relational database.
– Apache HBase 1.1.11 released https://hbase.apache.org/
Apache Impala (incubating) –a high-performance C++ and Java SQL query engine for data stored in Apache Hadoop-based clusters.
– Apache Impala 2.9.0 released https://impala.incubator.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
– Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.7.2 released https://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Joshua (incubating) –a statistical machine translation decoder for phrase-based, hierarchical, and syntax-based machine translation, written in Java.
– Apache Joshua 6.1 released https://joshua.apache.org
Apache Lucene™ Solr™ –the search server built on Apache Lucene.
– Apache Solr Reference Guide for 6.6 released https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/ref-guide/apache-solr-ref-guide-6.6.pdf
Apache Mnemonic (incubating) –an advanced hybrid memory storage oriented library.
– Apache Mnemonic-0.8.0-incubating released http://mnemonic.incubator.apache.org/
Apache Pig™ –provides a high-level data-flow language and execution framework for parallel computation on Apache Hadoop clusters.
– Apache Pig 0.17.0 released http://pig.apache.org/
Apache RocketMQ (incubating) –a distributed messaging and streaming platform with low latency, high performance and reliability, trillion-level capacity and flexible scalability.
– Apache RocketMQ 4.1.0 released https://rocketmq.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Apache Mahout has both Apache Flink and Apache Spark GPU compute? http://mahout.apache.org/
– Did you know that Apache Tinkerpop’s Gremlin is not just a graph traversal language, but a graph in itself? http://tinkerpop.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk 4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI –the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me https://s.apache.org/tQQh 7) Learning to Build a Stronger Community https://s.apache.org/x9Be
– Presentations from ApacheCon https://s.apache.org/Hli7 and Apache: Big Data https://s.apache.org/tefE are available; as well as videos https://s.apache.org/AE3m and audio recordings https://feathercast.apache.org/
– Check out the Apache Community Development blog https://blogs.apache.org/comdev/
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– Apache ActiveMQ Call For Logo https://blogs.apache.org/activemq/entry/apache-activemq-call-for-logo
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– The CloudStack European User Group will be held 17 August in London https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-35565783215
– Catch the Apache Ignite and Spark communities at the In-Memory Computing Summit 24-25 October in San Francisco https://imcsummit.org/
– ASF Operations Summary – Q3 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/NKFz
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
– Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
# # #