Hello, July –we’re midway through the year already. It’s been another great week; let’s see what the Apache community has been up to:
Apache Month in Review – a round-up of our Round-ups and other newsworthy bits over the past month.
– June Month in Review https://s.apache.org/June2021 –video highlights at https://youtu.be/yIE8SSHw2iw
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 21 July 2021. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998. Two events are being held in 2021:
– ApacheCon@Home (21-23 September) – program and registration are live https://www.apachecon.com/acah2021/
– ApacheCon Asia (6-8 August) – program, registration, keynotes, and sponsors announced https://s.apache.org/ACAsia2021
– Sponsorship opportunities available for both events https://www.apachecon.com/acah2021/2021_ApacheCon_prospectus.pdf
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.99%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 349 Apache Committers changed 3,463,699 lines of code over 4,141 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Xiaoxiang Yu, Penghui Li, Andrea Cosentino, and Tellier Benoit.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Apache Attic –provides process and solutions when an Apache project has reached its end of life. http://attic.apache.org/
– Apache MetaModel is now retired https://s.apache.org/69b1q
Big Data —
– Apache Druid CVE-2021-26920: The HTTP inputSource allows authenticated users to read data from other sources than intended https://s.apache.org/e5oai
– Apache Geode 1.13.3 and 1.12.3 released http://geode.apache.org/
– Apache Camel 3.11.0 released https://camel.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating anniversaries this week? Many happy returns to Apache Tcl (21 years), DB (19 years); STeVe (9 years); JSPWiki (8 years); Celix and Tez (7 years); NiFi (6 years); Kudu (5 years); Fluo, MADlib, and Streams (4 years); OpenWhisk (2 years); APISIX (1 year) https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
– Did you know that Airflow Summit kicks off 8-16 July? https://airflow.apache.org/
– Did you know that FlinkForward Global will be held virtually 26-27 October? https://flink.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices
– The Apache Month in Review: June 2021 https://s.apache.org/June2021 and video highlights https://youtu.be/yIE8SSHw2iw
– The Apache® Software Foundation Celebrates 22 Years of Open Source Leadership – world’s largest Open Source foundation advances community-led innovation “The Apache Way” https://s.apache.org/22ndAnniversay
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q3 FY2021 (November 2020 – January 2021) https://s.apache.org/Q3FY2021 + Video highlights https://youtu.be/S6FWqAuA_8M
– Apache in 2020 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2020Digits + Video highlights https://s.apache.org/Apache2020Digits-vid
– ASF Security Report 2020 https://s.apache.org/SecurityReport2020 + Video highlights https://youtu.be/Z7yudar_da0
– ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
– “Trillions and Trillions Served” documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) “Apache Everywhere” https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) “Why Apache” https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– All presentations from ApacheCon@Home are available at https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation/
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
…Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
– ASF Targeted Sponsor Manning Publications is offering special deals on the latest books on Apache Airflow, Pulsar, Spark, and Thrift, among other titles and eBooks https://deals.manning.com/the-latest-apache-innovations/
– Follow the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Follow the Apache Community on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.