So long, June –let’s review the Apache community’s weekly activities:
Success at Apache – the blog series that focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”.
– Security in Practice by Jarek Potiuk https://s.apache.org/1upl4
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 21 July 2021. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998. Two events are being held in 2021:
– ApacheCon@Home (21-23 September) – program and registration are live https://www.apachecon.com/acah2021/
– ApacheCon Asia (6-8 August) – program, registration, keynotes, and sponsors announced https://s.apache.org/ACAsia2021
– Sponsorship opportunities available for both events https://www.apachecon.com/acah2021/2021_ApacheCon_prospectus.pdf
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.72%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 338 Apache Committers changed 2,475,387 lines of code over 2,883 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Mark Thomas, Jarek Potiuk, Claus Ibsen, Otavio Rodolfo Piske, and Dan Haywood.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache ShardingSphere 5.0.0-beta released https://shardingsphere.apache.
– Apache Arrow 4.0.1 released https://arrow.apache.org/
– Apache Qpid Broker-J 8.0.5 released https://qpid.apache.org/
– Apache Kudu 1.15.0 released https://kudu.apache.org/
– Apache IoTDB 0.11.4 and 0.12.1 released https://iotdb.apache.org/
– Apache Airflow CVE-2021-29621: User enumeration in database authentication in Flask-AppBuilder <= 3.2.3 https://s.apache.org/jeee7
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the Apache Pinot (incubating) injests with Apache Kafka, Spark, HDFS or Cloud storages, and is ideal for real-time analytics when scaling to billions of records? http://pinot.apache.org/
– Did you know that Apache ECharts has more than three dozen chart types (plus dark mode) to choose from? http://echarts.apache.org/
– Did you know that the Airflow Summit will be held 8-16 July? https://airflow.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices
– The Apache Month in Review: May 2021 https://s.apache.org/May2021 and video highlights https://youtu.be/ByiPjxGu_Tg
– The Apache® Software Foundation Celebrates 22 Years of Open Source Leadership – world’s largest Open Source foundation advances community-led innovation “The Apache Way” https://s.apache.org/22ndAnniversay
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q3 FY2021 (November 2020 – January 2021) https://s.apache.org/Q3FY2021 + Video highlights https://youtu.be/S6FWqAuA_8M
– Apache in 2020 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2020Digits + Video highlights https://s.apache.org/Apache2020Digits-vid
– ASF Security Report 2020 https://s.apache.org/SecurityReport2020 + Video highlights https://youtu.be/Z7yudar_da0
– ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
– “Trillions and Trillions Served” documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) “Apache Everywhere” https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) “Why Apache” https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– All presentations from ApacheCon@Home are available at https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation/
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
…Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
– ASF Targeted Sponsor Manning Publications is offering special deals on the latest books on Apache Airflow, Pulsar, Spark, and Thrift, among other titles and eBooks https://deals.manning.com/the-latest-apache-innovations/
– Follow the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Follow the Apache Community on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.