Welcome, Friday –let’s review the Apache community’s activities over the past week:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 19 May 2021. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– Registration for both ApacheCons is open: ApacheCon Asia (6-8 August) and ApacheCon@Home (21-23 September) https://www.apachecon.com/
– CFP DEADLINE approaching for both events –get your proposals in by 3 May
– Sponsorships available for both events https://www.apachecon.com/acah2021/2021_ApacheCon_prospectus.pdf
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.98%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 369 Apache Committers changed 1,176,324 lines of
code over 3,156 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Andrea Cosentino, Mark Thomas, Sebastian Rühl, Otavio Rodolfo Piske, and Martin Hesse.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache Kafka 2.6.2 and 2.8.0 released https://kafka.apache.org/
Build Management —
– Apache Ant 1.10.10 released https://ant.apache.org/
– Apache Geode 1.12.2 released http://geode.apache.org/
– Apache Flagon UserALE.js 2.1.1 (Incubating) released https://flagon.incubator.apach
– Apache SpamAssassin 3.4.6 released http://spamassassin.apache.org
Programming Languages —
– Apache Groovy 4.0.0-alpha-3 released https://groovy.apache.org/
– Apache Traffic Server 9.0.1 released https://trafficserver.apache.o
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the Apache Cassandra community will be holding the Cassandra World Party online on 28 April? https://cassandra.apache.org/
– Did you know that you can help Apache Sedona (incubating; formerly GeoSpark) improve their software by submitting your feedback on your experience with the project? https://s.apache.org/ounj3
– Did you know that the Apache SkyWalking community will be holding SkyWalkingDay conference 2021 in Shenzhen on 12 June? https://skywalking.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices
– The Apache® Software Foundation Celebrates 22 Years of Open Source Leadership – world’s largest Open Source foundation advances community-led innovation “The Apache Way” https://s.apache.org/22ndAnniversay
– ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
– “Trillions and Trillions Served” documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) “Apache Everywhere” https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) “Why Apache” https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– All presentations from ApacheCon@Home are available at https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation/
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
…Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
– ASF Targeted Sponsor Manning Publications is offering special deals on the latest books on Apache Airflow, Pulsar, Spark, and Thrift, among other titles and eBooks https://deals.manning.com/the-latest-apache-innovations/
– Follow the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Follow the Apache Community on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.