Hello, Friday. Let’s review the Apache community’s activities from over the past week:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Announcing New ASF Board of Directors https://s.apache.org/NewBoard2021
– Next Board Meeting: 17 March 2021. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– CFP open for ApacheCon@Home 2021: proposals now accepted for 20 tracks that include API/Microservices, Big Data, Cassandra, Content Delivery & Management, Community, Drill, Fineract/Fintech, Geospatial, Groovy, Incubator, Integration, IoT, Karaf, Observability, Royale, RDF/Linked Data, Search, Social Data, Tomcat, and more. https://www.apachecon.com/acah2021/cfp.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 389 Apache Committers changed 3,798,169 lines of
code over 3,471 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Andrea Cosentino, Daan Hoogland, Gary Gregory, Claus Ibsen, and Tilman Hausherr.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
– Apache APISIX 2.4 released https://apisix.apache.org/
Big Data —
– Apache Flink 1.12.2 released https://flink.apache.org/
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.14.9 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
– Apache NetBeans 12.3 released http://netbeans.apache.org/
– Apache Camel 3.7.3 released https://camel.apache.org/
– Apache Commons Lang 3.12 released https://commons.apache.org/pro
– Apache Velocity Engine 2.3 and Tools 3.1 released https://velocity.apache.org/
– Apache Velocity CVE-2020-13936: Velocity Sandbox Bypass https://s.apache.org/qmlqf
and CVE-2020-13959: Tools XSS Vulnerability https://s.apache.org/iaoq5
– Apache Tomcat 8.5.64, 9.0.44, and 10.0.4 released https://tomcat.apache.org/
Web Conferencing —
– Apache OpenMeetings 6.0.0 released https://openmeetings.apache.or
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the ASF has been chosen to be a Google Summer of Code mentoring organization for the 16th consecutive year? https://community.apache.org/gsoc.html
– Did you know that Facebook and Uber build streaming SQL applications for unified processing using Apache Flink and Pulsar? Learn more at https://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-Apache-Flink-Meetup/events/276579450/
– Did you know that the Airflow Summit is accepting submissions through 12 April? https://airflowsummit.org/
Apache Community Notices
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q2 FY2021 (August – October 2020) https://s.apache.org/Q2FY2021
– ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
– “Trillions and Trillions Served” documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) “Apache Everywhere” https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) “Why Apache” https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– All presentations from ApacheCon@Home are available at https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation/
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
…Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
– ASF Targeted Sponsor Manning Publications is offering special deals on the latest books on Apache Airflow, Pulsar, Spark, and Thrift, among other titles and eBooks https://deals.manning.com/the-latest-apache-innovations/
– Follow the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Friend and follow the Apache Community on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.