Welcome, March! We’ve had a great week within the Apache community. Here’s what happened:
The Apache Month in Review – highlights of what we’ve accomplished over the past month.
– February 2021 https://s.apache.org/Feb2021 + Video highlights https://youtu.be/6TMuYglu2Cc
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 17 March 2021. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
Apache Diversity & Inclusion – initiatives that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion across the greater Apache community.
– FINAL CALL for Apache project proposals and mentors: Outreachy Open Source internship program May-Aug 2021 https://s.apache.org/s7tz2
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.99%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 392 Apache Committers changed 1,224,925 lines of
code over 3,879 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Andrea Cosentino, Gary Gregory, Andi Huber, and Daan Hoogland.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.9.0 released https://nifi.apache.org/minifi
Cloud Computing —
– Apache CloudStack 22.214.171.124 LTS released https://cloudstack.apache.org/
Confidential Computing —
– Apache Teaclave (incubating) 0.2.0 released https://teaclave.apache.org/
– The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Daffodil™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/18vob
– Apache SkyWalking Nginx LUA 0.4.0 released https://skywalking.apache.org/
– Apache Tomcat CVE-2021-25122: h2c request mix-up https://s.apache.org/29cq9
and CVE-2021-25329: RCE via session persistence https://s.apache.org/9itds
Did You Know?
– Did you that the following Apache projects are celebrating anniversaries this month? Many happy returns to Apache mod_perl (21 years); Maven (18 years); Struts (17 years); Jackrabbit (15 years); Felix (14 years); Archiva (13 years); UIMA (11 years); Accumulo and Sqoop (9 years); Bloodhound, CloudStack, and cTAKES (8 years); Allura and Olingo (7 years); and FreeMarker (3 years) https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
– Did you know that the Apache Local Community – Beijing has celebrated its one-year anniversary with numerous impressive achievments? https://s.apache.org/gm9kv
– Did you know that your support helps offset the ASF’s day-to-day operating costs? https://s.apache.org/8foo2
Apache Community Notices
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q2 FY2021 (August – October 2020) https://s.apache.org/Q2FY2021
– Apache in 2020 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2020Digits + Video highlights https://s.apache.org/Apache2020Digits-vid
– ASF Security Report 2020 https://s.apache.org/SecurityReport2020 + Video highlights https://youtu.be/Z7yudar_da0
– ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
– “Trillions and Trillions Served” documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) “Apache Everywhere” https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) “Why Apache” https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– All presentations from ApacheCon@Home are available at https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation/
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
…Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
– ASF Targeted Sponsor Manning Publications is offering special deals on the latest books on Apache Airflow, Pulsar, Spark, and Thrift, among other titles and eBooks https://deals.manning.com/the-latest-apache-innovations/
– Follow the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Friend and follow the Apache Community on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.