Farewell, January –both the week and month have flown by. Let’s review what the Apache community has been up to:
The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success – Apache is for Everyone. Every developer has their personal motivations for building software. We celebrate their right to choose when and how they build their software, including their right to use a non-open license. https://s.apache.org/GhnI
ASF Security Report 2020 – the annual state of security across all Apache
Inside Infra – the interview series featuring members of the ASF Infrastructure team.
– Chris Lambertus –Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q2 FY2021 (August – October 2020) https://s.apache.org/Q2FY2021
– Next Board Meeting: 17 February 2021. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– videos from ApacheCon@Home presentations are available at https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.90%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 368 Apache Committers changed 2,919,651 lines of
code over 3,273 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Mark Thomas, Leonid Frolov, Andrea Cosentino, Andi Huber, and Christofer Dutz.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
– Apache IoTDB 0.11.2 released https://iotdb.apache.org/
– Apache ActiveMQ CVE-2021-26117: LDAP-Authentication does not verify passwords on servers with anonymous bind https://s.apache.org/xvpov , and
CVE-2021-26118: Flaw in ActiveMQ Artemis OpenWire support https://s.apache.org/bpp38
– The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® ECharts™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/txmmr
– Apache Commons Daemon 1.2.4 released https://commons.apache.org/pro
– Apache Traffic Server 9.0.0 released https://trafficserver.apache.o
– Apache JMeter 5.4.1 released https://jmeter.apache.org/
Web Crawler —
– Apache Nutch 1.18 released https://nutch.apache.org/
– Apache Nutch CVE-2021-23901: An XML external entity (XXE) injection vulnerability exists in the Nutch DmozParser https://s.apache.org/y0pir
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the Apache Kafka PMC has published a trademark disclaimer for naming non-java clients and connectors to help those building the Apache Kafka ecosystem? https://kafka.apache.org/trademark
– Did you know that video presentations from the 2020 Virtual Druid Summit are available online? http://ow.ly/HLQq50Df7rI
– Did you know that the 2021 Joint Apache Software Foundation – Open Geospatial Consortium – Open Source Geospatial Foundation Code Sprint will be taking place online and free-of-charge 17-19 February? All are welcome to participate https://s.apache.org/ilzbf
Apache Community Notices
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: 1 August – 31 October 2020 https://s.apache.org/Q2FY2021
– Apache Month In Review: December 2020 https://s.apache.org/Dec2020
– ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
– “Trillions and Trillions Served” documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) “Apache Everywhere” https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) “Why Apache” https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
…Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
– ASF Targeted Sponsor Manning Publications is offering special deals on the latest books on Apache Airflow, Pulsar, Spark, and Thrift, among other titles and eBooks https://deals.manning.com/the-latest-apache-innovations/
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.