Happy Friday! Let’s take a look at what the Apache community has been up to over the past week:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q2 FY2021 (August – October 2020) https://s.apache.org/Q2FY2021
– Next Board Meeting: 17 February 2021. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– all videos from ApacheCon@Home are available at https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 385 Apache Committers changed 3,309,050 lines of
code over 5,192 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Rohit Yadav, Wei Zhou, Kaxil Naik, Gary Gregory, and Andrea Cosentino.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache Flink 1.12.1 released https://flink.apache.org/
– Apache Qpid Broker J 7.1.11 and J 8.0.3 released https://qpid.apache.org/
– The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Superset™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/scefo
Cloud Computing —
– The Apache CloudStack Project Releases Apache® CloudStack® v4.15 https://s.apache.org/vi0v8
– Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.22.6 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
– Apache Tika 2.0.0-ALPHA released https://tika.apache.org/
– Apache Camel 3.7.1 released https://camel.apache.org/
Network Client —
– Apache Guacamole CVE-2020-11997: Inconsistent restriction of connection history visibility https://s.apache.org/i80o1
– Apache Tomcat CVE-2020-17527: Apache Tomcat HTTP/2 Request header mix-up https://s.apache.org/wqss6
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the Apache Maven projects has action cards for their community to promote their activities on social media? https://maven.apache.org/resource/branding/actioncards.html
– Did you know that US Top 10 retailer Target’s enterprise-scale analytics (delivered to all levels of the organization) is powered by Apache Druid? http://druid.apache.org/
– Did you know that K&H Bank, one of the largest commercial banks in Hungary, uses Apache Wicket for their consumer banking and insurance site? http://wicket.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices
– Apache in 2020 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2020Digits + Video highlights https://s.apache.org/Apache2020Digits-vid
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: 1 August – 31 October 2020 https://s.apache.org/Q2FY2021
– Apache Month In Review: December 2020 https://s.apache.org/Dec2020
– ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
– “Trillions and Trillions Served” documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) “Apache Everywhere” https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) “Why Apache” https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
…Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
– ASF Targeted Sponsor Manning Publications is offering special deals on the latest books on Apache Airflow, Pulsar, Spark, and Thrift, among other titles and eBooks https://deals.manning.com/the-latest-apache-innovations/
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.