Hello, June! We’re at the mid-year mark with ongoing activities from the Apache community:
Support Apache –help sustain more than 300 freely-available Open Source projects and dozens of innovations in the Apache Incubator. Every dollar counts. http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
– new ASF VP Fundraising Kevin McGrail on his goals for the coming year https://feathercast.apache.org/2017/05/18/kevin-mcgrail-fundraising-and-apachecon-north-america/
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 21 June 2017. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the official conference of the Apache Software Foundation. Tomorrow’s Technology Today.
– Presentations from ApacheCon https://s.apache.org/Hli7 and Apache: Big Data https://s.apache.org/tefE
– Videos of keynotes + presentations https://s.apache.org/AE3m and Audio recordings + soundbites from the conference floor https://feathercast.apache.org/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield grand performance at 99.92% uptime http://status.apache.org/
Apache ActiveMQ™ –the most popular and powerful Open Source message broker.
– Apache ActiveMQ Call For Logo https://blogs.apache.org/activemq/entry/apache-activemq-call-for-logo
Apache Calcite™ Avatica –a framework for building database drivers.
– Apache Calcite Avatica 1.10.0 released https://calcite.apache.org/avatica/
Apache Fineract™ –an Open Source system for core banking as a platform to offer financial services to the world’s 2B under-banked and unbanked.
– Apache Fineract 1.0.0 released http://fineract.apache.org/
Apache Flink™ –an Open Source stream processing framework for distributed, high-performing, always-available, and accurate data streaming applications.
– Apache Flink 1.3.0 released https://flink.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.14.1 and Jackrabbit Oak 1.7.0 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Knox™ –a free and Open Source Java framework for building semantic Web and Linked Data applications.
– CVE-2017-5646: Apache Knox Impersonation Issue for WebHDFS http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201705.mbox/%3CCACRbFyjtT7QQGHUzTRdbJoySbJb7tt4BDk5-r-VRn0GB0Kgvag%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache Tephra (incubating) –a transaction engine for distributed data stores like Apache HBase.
– Apache Tephra-0.12.0-incubating released http://tephra.incubator.apache.org/
Apache Tika™ –a toolkit for detecting and extracting metadata and structured text content from various documents using existing parser libraries.
– Apache Tika 1.15 released http://tika.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the CFP for MesosCon North America closes on June 3rd? Submit your proposals to http://bit.ly/2rbVJhY
– Did you know that ARGO Labs uses Apache Airflow (airflow) towards automating Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) workflows for California water data from The California Data Collaborative? http://incubator.apache.org/projects/airflow.html
– Did you know Dutch multinational banking company Rabobank uses Apache Kafka for real-time financial alerts? http://kafka.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– "Success at Apache" is a blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk 4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI –the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me https://s.apache.org/tQQh
– The latest Apache Community Newsletter https://blogs.apache.org/comdev/entry/community-development-news-april-2017
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The Apache Phoenix community will be holding PhoenixCon on 13 June in San Francisco https://www.eventbrite.com/e/phoenixcon-2017-tickets-32872245772
– Join members of the Apache Apex, Beam, Flink, Hadoop, Kafka, Lucene, Solr, and Spark communities at Berlin Buzzwords 11-13 June in Berlin https://berlinbuzzwords.de/17/
– Will be seeing you at HBaseCon 12 June/Mountain View https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hbasecon-west-2017-tickets-33101238696 and PhoenixCon 13 June/San Francisco https://www.eventbrite.com/e/phoenixcon-2017-tickets-32872245772 ?
– Meet members of Apache’s Cloud community at Cloud Foundry Summit Silicon Valley 13-15 June in Santa Clara; enjoy 20% off registration rates using discount code CFSV17ASF20 https://goo.gl/Uq3g0t
– Catch the Apache Ignite and Spark communities at the In-Memory Computing Summit 20-21 June in Amsterdam and 24-25 October in San Francisco https://imcsummit.org/
– ASF Operations Summary – Q3 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/NKFz
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
– Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
# # #