It’s Friday already –the week has zipped by. Let’s take a look at what the Apache community has been up to:
Inside Infra – the interview series featuring members of the ASF Infrastructure team. – Chris Lambertus –Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q2 FY2021 (August – October 2020) https://s.apache.org/Q2FY2021
– Next Board Meeting: 20 January 2021. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– all videos from ApacheCon@Home are available at https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.94%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 395 Apache Committers changed 3,156,343 lines of
code over 3,300 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Krzysztof Kopyściński, Gary Gregory, Andrea Cosentino, Duo Zhang, and Jean-Baptiste Onofré.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Application Performance Monitoring —
– Apache SkyWalking Eyes v0.1.0 released https://skywalking.apache.org/
Big Data —
– Apache Beam 2.27.0 released https://beam.apache.org/
Enterprise Processes Automation / ERP —
– Apache OFBiz 17.12.05 released https://ofbiz.apache.org/
– Apache Tomcat CVE-2021-24122: Information Disclosure https://s.apache.org/huz9p
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the Apache geospatial community is partnering with the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) and Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) to hold a joint Virtual Code Sprint the last week of February 2021? Call for participation is open https://s.apache.org/kp6d8
– Did you know that DoorDash’s Big Data platform is powered by Apache Beam, Cassandra, Druid, Flink, Pinot, Spark and other projects? https://projects.apache.org/projects.html?category
– Did you know that you can help Apache Pulsar better meet the needs of its user community? Complete the Pulsar user survey today https://s.apache.org/jvaji
Apache Community Notices
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: 1 August – 31 October 2020 https://s.apache.org/Q2FY2021
– Apache Month In Review: December 2020 https://s.apache.org/Dec2020
– ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
– “Trillions and Trillions Served” documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) “Apache Everywhere” https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) “Why Apache” https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
…Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
– ASF Targeted Sponsor Manning Publications is offering special deals on the latest books on Apache Airflow, Pulsar, Spark, and Thrift, among other titles and eBooks https://deals.manning.com/the-latest-apache-innovations/
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.