Happy Friday! Let’s take a look at what the Apache community has been up to over the past week:
Apache in 2020 – By The Digits – a look at the achievements from the Apache Community over the past 12 months.
– Summary and stats at https://s.apache.org/Apache2020Digits
– Video highlights https://s.apache.org/Apache2020Digits-vid
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q2 FY2021 (August – October 2020) https://s.apache.org/Q2FY2021
– Next Board Meeting: 20 January 2021. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– all videos from ApacheCon@Home are available at https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 348 Apache Committers changed 1,594,281 lines of
code over 2,987 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Gary Gregory, Mark Thomas, Kartik Khare, and Andrea Cosentino.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Application Performance Monitoring —
– Apache SkyWalking NodeJS v0.1.0 released https://skywalking.apache.org/
Big Data —
– Apache ShardingSphere ElasticJob UI 3.0.0-RC1 released http://shardingsphere.apache.o
– Apache Rya 4.0.1 released http://rya.apache.org/
– Apache Flink CVE-2020-17518: Directory traversal attack: remote file writing through the REST API https://s.apache.org/qxl48 , and
CVE-2020-17519: Directory traversal attack: reading remote files through the REST API https://s.apache.org/gith7
Network Client —
– Apache Guacamole 1.3.0 released https://guacamole.apache.org/
– Apache Tomcat Native 1.2.26 released https://tomcat.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that some of the latest podlings undergoing development in the Apache Incubator include BlueMarlin (advertising), HOP (orchestration), Pegasus (Big Data), Sedona (geospatial data processing), and Wayang (analytics)? http://incubator.apache.org/projects/
– Did you know that Apache Kafka is amongst the most popular streaming platform for disseminating COVID-19 related clinical data, test results, and caseload updates in real-time? http://kafka.apache.org/
– Did you know that the New Zealand Treasury Department, Prime Minister and Cabinet, National Emergency Management Agency, and Climate Change Commission’s eRecruitment platform is powered by Apache Wicket? http://wicket.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices
– Apache Month In Review: December 2020 https://s.apache.org/Dec2020
– Apache in 2020 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2020Digits
– Video highlights: Apache in 2020 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2020Digits-vid
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: 1 August – 31 October 2020 https://s.apache.org/Q2FY2021
– ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
– “Trillions and Trillions Served” documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) “Apache Everywhere” https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) “Why Apache” https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
…Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.