Welcome, 2021! We hope that you have had a festive holiday season and are excited to kick off the new year. Here’s what happened over the past week:
Apache in 2020 – By The Digits – a look at the achievements from the Apache Community over the past 12 months.
– Summary and stats at https://s.apache.org/Apache2020Digits
– Video highlights https://s.apache.org/Apache2020Digits-vid
The Apache Month in Review – highlights of what we’ve accomplished over the past month.
– December 2020 https://s.apache.org/Dec2020
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q2 FY2021 (August – October 2020) https://s.apache.org/Q2FY2021
– Next Board Meeting: 20 January 2021. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– all videos from ApacheCon@Home are available at https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.95%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 214 Apache Committers changed 1,634,010 lines of code over 2,290 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Gary Gregory, Andreas Veithen, Chesnay Schepler, Rene Cordier, and Sylwester Lachiewicz.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Application Performance Monitoring —
– Apache SkyWalking Python v0.5.0 released https://skywalking.apache.org/
Big Data —
– Apache ShardingSphere ElasticJob 3.0.0-RC1 released http://shardingsphere.apache.o
– Apache Accumulo 1.10.1 and 2.0.1 released http://accumulo.apache.org/
– Apache Accumulo CVE-2020-17533: Improper Handling of Insufficient Permission https://s.apache.org/ixwwc
Data Management Platform —
– Apache Ignite 2.9.1 released http://ignite.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating anniversaries this month? Many happy returns to Apache Cocoon, James, and Web Services (17 years); Lucene (15 years); ActiveMQ (13 years); Hadoop (12 years); River (9 years); Empire-db and Gora (8 years); OpenMeetings (7 years); Samza (5 years); Arrow (4 years); and Ranger (3 years)! https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
– Did you know that the Top Ten of Fortune’s “Future 50” companies –ServiceNow, Veeva Systems, Atlassian, Workday, Splunk, Adyen, MercadoLibre, DexCom, Square, and Spotify– are all Powered by Apache? Everyone is welcome to use ASF and Apache Project badges to show that your projects are Powered by Apache http://apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
– Did you know that ASF Targeted Sponsor Manning Publications is offering special deals on the latest books on Apache Airflow, Pulsar, Spark, and Thrift, among other titles and MEAP (Manning Early Access Program) eBooks? https://deals.manning.com/the-latest-apache-innovations/
Apache Community Notices
– Apache Month In Review: November 2020 https://s.apache.org/Nov2020
– ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
– “Trillions and Trillions Served” documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) “Apache Everywhere” https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) “Why Apache” https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
– The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
– The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniv
– Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
…Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.