Welcome, December –we’re opening the month with another great week. Here’s what the Apache
community has been up to:
Inside Infra – the interview series featuring members of the ASF Infrastructure team.
– Andrew Wetmore –Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 16 December 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– all videos from ApacheCon@Home now available at https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 407 Apache Committers changed 1,758,756 lines of code over 3,611 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Paul King, Daniel Sun, Hugh Miles, and Jarek Potiuk.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
– Apache APISIX 2.1 released https://apisix.apache.org/
Application Performance Monitoring —
– Apache SkyWalking 8.3.0 and CLI 0.5.0 released https://skywalking.apache.org/
– Apache IoTDB 0.11.0 released https://iotdb.apache.org/
Programming Languages —
– Apache Groovy 2.4.21 released https://groovy.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that 17 Apache projects are celebrating anniversaries this month? Many happy returns to Apache Portable Runtime (APR; 20 years); Logging Services (17 years); Cayenne and OFBiz (14 years); Synapse (13 years); Camel (12 years); Axis, OpenWebBeans, Pivot (11 years); Aries (10 years); Flex (8 years); Helix (7 years); Flink (6 years); Beam (4 years); Trafodion (3 years); Airflow (2 years); and Druid (1 year)! https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
– Did you know that organizations wishing to support Apache do so through Sponsorship, Corporate Giving Programs, Matching Gifts, and more. Thank you for considering a one-time tax-deductible donation today! http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
– Did you know that Apache TVM is the ASF’s first full stack software and hardware co-optimization project? http://tvm.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices
– Apache Month In Review: November 2020 https://s.apache.org/Nov2020
– ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
– “Trillions and Trillions Served” documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) “Apache Everywhere” https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) “Why Apache” https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
– The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
– The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniv
– Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
…Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.