Happy Friday! Here’s what the Apache community has been up to this week:
Inside Infra – the interview series featuring members of the ASF Infrastructure team.
– Gavin McDonald –Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 16 December 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– ApacheCon@Home sessions now online at https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.74%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 310 Apache Committers changed 806,646 lines of code over 3,127 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jarek Potiuk, Kaxil Naik, Andrea Cosentino, Mark Miller, and Maruan Sahyoun.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Application Performance Monitoring —
– Apache SkyWalking Could on Kubernetes 0.1.0 and SkyWalking Client JS version 0.2.0 released http://skywalking.apache.org/
– Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.36 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
– Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.33.8 released http://qpid.apache.org/
– Apache Tomcat 8.5.60, 9.0.40, and 10.0.0-M10 available http://tomcat.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating their anniversaries this month? Three cheers to Apache Ant (18 years); HttpComponents (13 years); Attic, Buildr, CouchDB, and Qpid (12 years); Community Development (“ComDev”, 11 years); OODT and ZooKeeper (10 years); Kafka and Syncope (8 years); Ambari (7 years); BookKeeper, Drill, and MetaModel (6 years); Brooklyn, Groovy, Kylin, and REEF (5 years); Geode (4 years); Guacamole, Impala, and Mnemonic (3 years); Griffin (2 years); and Petri (1 year). Many happy returns! https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
– Did you know that you can make a tax-deductible individual or corporate contribution to the ASF to help us continue to provide more than $20B worth of software to the public at 100% no cost? Donate today at https://donate.apache.org/
– Did you know that Alibaba’s real-time computing platform processed data streams totaling 4 billion items per second during Singles Day, the largest global online shopping event, using Apache Flink? https://flink.apache.org/
– Did you know that more than 300 videos from ApacheCon@Home are now available, including keynotes, plenaries, and sessions on Big Data, Clinical Data, Community, Content Delivery, Fintech, Incubator, Integration, IoT, Machine Learning, Mobile, Observability, Search, Servers, Streaming, and more are now available? https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation/
Apache Community Notices
– Apache Month In Review: October 2020 https://s.apache.org/Oct2020
– ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
– “Trillions and Trillions Served” documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) “Apache Everywhere” https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) “Why Apache” https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
– The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
– The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniv
– Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
…Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.