Another week has skipped by, and there’s no stopping the always-productive Apache community … here’s what’s happened:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 15 February 2017. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield performance back in the "three nines" at 99.94% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
– CFP CLOSES 11 Feb: Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon North America 16-18 May 2017/Miami http://apachecon.com/
– Recordings from ApacheCon Europe 2016 are being uploaded at Feathercast http://feathercast.org
Calling all Creatives: with the launch of the ASF’s new visual identity last year, many Apache projects have been freshening up their looks. New logo calls are open for:
– Apache Incubator https://s.apache.org/rFii
– Apache OpenNLP https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENNLP-6
Apache Fineract (incubating) –an Open Source system for core banking as a platform.
– Apache Fineract 0.6.0-incubating released https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/fineract/0.6.0-incubating/
Apache Groovy™ –a multi-facet programming language for the JVM.
– Apache Groovy 2.4.8 released http://www.groovy-lang.org/download.html
– CVE-2016-6814: Apache Groovy Information Disclosure http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201701.mbox/%3CCADRx3PMZ2hBCGDTY35zYXFGaDnjAs0tc5-upaVs6QN2sYUejyA%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache HBase™ –an Open Source, distributed, versioned, non-relational database.
– Apache HBase 1.3.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/hbase/1.3.0
Apache HTTP Server™ –the #1 Web server on the planet since April 1996.
– Apache HTTP Server 2.2.32 released http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi
Apache Ignite™ –an integrated and distributed In-Memory Data Fabric for computing and transacting on large-scale data sets in real-time, orders of magnitude faster than possible with traditional disk-based or flash technologies.
– The ASF asks: Have you met Apache Ignite? https://s.apache.org/Slah
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.10.5 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Johnzon™ –a Java library for parsing and creating JSON.
– Apache Johnzon-1.0.0 released http://johnzon.apache.org/
Apache NiFi™ –easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and distribute data.
– CVE-2016-8748: Apache NiFi XSS vulnerability in connection details dialogue http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201701.mbox/%3CCALJK9a4TNPvGav_UxwLQvqY0M2mRNWnvQBvu58p7%3D_ZfD1_AGg%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache Portals™ Pluto –the Reference Implementation of the Java Portlet Specification.
– Apache Portals Pluto 3.0.0 released http://portals.apache.org/pluto/v30/deploying.html
Did You Know?
– Did you know that whilst Big Data projects comprise 49% of the podlings in the Apache Incubator, it is only ~9% of the ASF’s overall projects and initiatives? https://projects.apache.org/projects.html?category
– Did you know that creating relationships between multiple ORM modules dynamically in runtime is possible only with Apache Cayenne? http://cayenne.apache.org/
– Did you know that hundreds of thousands of software solutions are distributed under the Apache License, with Web requests from every UN-recognized nation? http://apache.org/licenses/
Apache Community Notices:
– "Success at Apache" is a new monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". First article: Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V January’s post: "All Carrot and No Stick" https://s.apache.org/ykoG
– Feedback from The Apache Software Foundation on the Free and Open Source Security Audit (FOSSA) https://s.apache.org/romf
– ASF Operations Summary – Q2 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/oTOF
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
– ApacheCon North America and Apache:BigData will be held 16-18 May 2017 in Miami http://apachecon.com/
# # #