Farewell, October –we’re wrapping up the month with another great week. Here are the latest updates on the Apache
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q1 FY2021 (May – July 2020) https://s.apache.org/2mefr
– Next Board Meeting: 18 November 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– ApacheCon@Home was a success https://s.apache.org/d3stb All sessions now online at https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 391 Apache Committers changed 3,264,512 lines of code over 3,468 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Robert Scholte, Andrea Cosentino, Gary Gregory, Mykola Bodnar, and Kaxil Naik.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
– Apache APISIX 2.0 released https://apisix.apache.org/
Application Performance Monitor —
– Apache SkyWalking Nginx LUA 0.3.0 released https://skywalking.apache.org/
– Apache Tuweni (Incubating) 1.2.0 released https://tuweni.apache.org/
Data Management Platform —
– Apache Ignite 2.9.0 released http://ignite.apache.org/
– Apache StreamPipes (Incubating) 0.67.0 released https://streampipes.apache.org
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Oak Ridge National Laboratory uses Apache Spark and Parquet to solve high-performance computing solutions on some of the world’s fastest supercomputers? https://youtu.be/b5fpiDzScRU
– Did you know that Orange’s media center is powered by Apache Wicket? http://wicket.apache.org/
– Did you know that “Success at Apache” features the personal and project perspectives on the people and processes behind why Apache “just works”? Contributions accepted by all ASF Committers! https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
Apache Community Notices
– Apache Month In Review: September 2020 https://s.apache.org/Sep2020
– ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
– “Trillions and Trillions Served” documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) “Apache Everywhere” https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) “Why Apache” https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
– The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
– The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniv
– Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
…Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to
email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a
broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.