And it’s Friday! Let’s take a look at what the Apache community has been up to over the past week:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q1 FY2021 (May – July 2020) https://s.apache.org/2mefr
– Next Board Meeting: 18 November 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– All sessions, including Plenaries and Keynotes from ApacheCon@Home are available https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.86%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 380 Apache Committers changed 2,506,459 lines of code over 3,325 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Andrea
Cosentino, Claus Ibsen, Andi Huber, Łukasz Dywicki, and Mark Miller.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache Druid 0.20.0 released https://druid.apache.org/
– Apache Kylin 3.1.1 released https://kylin.apache.org/
– Apache Arrow 2.0.0 released https://arrow.apache.org/
– Apache NiFi Registry 0.8.0 released https://nifi.apache.org/
– Apache BookKeeper 4.11.1 released http://bookkeeper.apache.org
– Apache Hadoop CVE-2018-11764 Privilege escalation in web endpoint https://s.apache.org/jjdpq
– Apache Tuweni (Incubating) 1.2.0 released https://tuweni.apache.org/
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.21.4 released https://jackrabbit.apache.org/
– Apache Camel 3.6.0 released https://camel.apache.org/
– Apache Qpid Broker J 7.1.10 and J 8.0.2 released https://qpid.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the ASF Infrastructure team have added more self-serve features to .asf.yaml? https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/even-more-github-features-added
– Did you know that Salesforce uses Apache Druid as their real-time analytical database to store application performance metrics extracted from billions to trillions of log lines per day? http://druid.apache.org/
– Did you know that the Apache OFBiz community is deliberating deployment on AWS production environments? http://s.apache.org/yvu54
Apache Community Notices
– Apache Month In Review: September 2020 https://s.apache.org/Sep2020
– ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
– “Trillions and Trillions Served” documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) “Apache Everywhere” https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) “Why Apache” https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
– The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
– The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniv
– Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
…Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.