Hurrah for Friday! We’ve had a great week within the Apache community. Here’s what happened:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 21 October 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– ApacheCon@Home 2020 was a huge success https://blogs.apache.org/conferences/entry/apachecon-home-2020-was-a
– Select session recordings will be posted in the coming weeks to https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.92%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 384 Apache Committers changed 1,331,935 lines of code
over 3,179 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Andrea Cosentino, Claus Ibsen, Mark Thomas, Mark Miller, and Sebastian Bazley.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
– Apache Any23 2.4 released http://any23.apache.org/
– Apache Commons Net 3.7.1 released https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-net/
Programming Languages —
– Apache Groovy 4.0.0-alpha-1 released https://groovy.apache.org/
– Apache Lucene 8.6.3 and Solr 8.6.3 released http://lucene.apache.org/
– Apache HttpComponents Client 4.5.13 GA and 5.0.3 GA released https://hc.apache.org/
– Apache HttpComponents Client CVE-2020-13956 Incorrect handling of malformed URI authority component https://s.apache.org/lpvrx
Web Frameworks —
– Apache Wicket 8.10.0 released https://wicket.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Apache Airflow, Arrow, Druid, and Superset (incubating) were awarded InfoWorld’s Bossies for the Most Innovative Open Source Projects & Next Generation Tools? Go Apache! https://www.idg.com/news/infoworld-announces-2020-bossie-award-winners-for-the-most-innovative-open-source-projects-and-next-generation-tools/
– Did you know that Pinterest’s real-time analytics platform is powered by Apache Druid? http://druid.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices
– Apache Month In Review: September 2020 https://s.apache.org/Sep2020
– ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
“Trillions and Trillions Served” documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) “Apache Everywhere” https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) “Why Apache” https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
– The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
– The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniv
– Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet Christ Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris | Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a
broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.