Hello, October –we’ve had a super-busy week, with ApacheCon drawing thousands of online participants as well as a slew of activities from the Apache
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 21 October 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– It’s a wrap! ApacheCon@Home recordings will be posted in the coming weeks (send email to email@example.com to receive updates and future conference notifications). Thank you to event sponsors Apple, AWS, DataStax, IBM, Imply, Instaclustr, MuseDev, OpenLogic/Perforce, Red Hat, RX-M, and VMWare.
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.97%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 306 Apache Committers changed 748,827 lines of code over 2,445 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Andrea Cosentino, Mark Thomas, Duo Zhang, and Claus Ibsen.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache HBase 2.3.2 released https://hbase.apache.org/
– Apache Flink Stateful Functions 2.2.0 released https://flink.apache.org/
– Apache NiFi 1.12.1 released http://nifi.apache.org/
– Apache NiFi CVE-2020-9486, CVE-2020-9487, CVE-2020-9491, CVE-2020-13940 https://s.apache.org/hlh3t
Build Management —
– Apache Ant 1.10.9 released https://ant.apache.org/
– Apache Ant CVE-2020-11979 insecure temporary file vulnerability https://s.apache.org/rnaf4
– Apache Camel 3.4.4 released https://camel.apache.org/
– Apache Commons DBCP 2.8.0 released http://commons.apache.org/
– Apache Commons Pool 2.9.0 released https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-pool/
– Apache Pulsar Manager 0.2.0 released https://pulsar.apache.org/
Programming Languages —
– Apache Groovy 3.0.6 released http://groovy.apache.org/
– Apache HttpComponents Client 5.0.2 GA released https://hc.apache.org/
Web Conferencing —
– Apache OpenMeetings CVE-2020-13951 DoS via public web service https://s.apache.org/1ugzb
Web Frameworks —
– Apache Struts 2.5.25 released https://struts.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that dozens of Apache project and community presentations are available at the ASF’s official YouTube channel? https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation
– Did you know that Apache Druid powers real-time analytics for Airbnb, Alibaba, British Telecom, Cisco, Didi Chuxing, eBay, Hulu, Lyft, Netflix, and many more? http://druid.apache.org/
– Did you know that members of the Apache community will be presenting at All Things Open, taking place online in a few weeks? Registration is open https://2020.allthingsopen.org/
Apache Community Notices
– Apache Month In Review: September 2020 https://s.apache.org/Sep2020
– ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
“Trillions and Trillions Served” documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) “Apache Everywhere” https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) “Why Apache” https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
– The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
– The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniv
– Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet Christ Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris | Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a
broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.