Farewell, September –we’re wrapping up the month with another great week. Here are the latest updates on the Apache
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 21 October 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– Registration is open (and free) for ApacheCon@Home 29 September – 1 October https://www.apachecon.com/acna2020/
– Sponsorships available for ApacheCon@Home https://www.apachecon.com/acna2020/sponsors.html
– The Apache® Software Foundation Welcomes its Global Community Online at ApacheCon@Home https://s.apache.org/74zbx
– ApacheCon 2020 features Natural Language Processing for Electronic Medical Records in dedicated track on Apache cTAKES https://s.apache.org/x1051
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 397 Apache Committers changed 2,254,525 lines of code over 3,335 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Andrea Cosentino, Gary Gregory, Andi Huber, Claus Ibsen, and Duo Zhang.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache CouchDB 3.1.1 released https://couchdb.apache.org/
– Apache Flink 1.10.2 released https://flink.apache.org/
– Apache Beam 2.24.0 released https://beam.apache.org/
– Apache Kudu 1.13.0 released https://kudu.apache.org/
Cloud Computing —
– Apache Libcloud 3.2.0 released http://libcloud.apache.org/
– Apache Fineract 1.4.0 released http://fineract.apache.org/
– The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® IoTDB™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/3xv3c
– Apache Qpid Broker J 7.1.9 and J 8.0.1 released https://qpid.apache.org/
Web Conferencing —
– Apache OpenMeetings 5.0.1 released https://openmeetings.apache.or
Did You Know?
– Did you know that select ApacheCon@Home sessions will be presented in German, Hindi, Mandarin, and Spanish? https://www.apachecon.com/acah2020/tracks/
– Did you know that you can download and use a variety of ASF Templates and Badges for personal, project, and corporate promotions? http://apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#template-and-usage
– Did you know that you can help Apache Struts with its vote on v2.5.25? https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/re0ca300288262ab797ec0303c3b61daf2b1c9442222b92987a39ae88%40%3Cdev.struts.apache.org%3E
Apache Community Notices
– Apache Month In Review: August 2020 https://s.apache.org/Aug2020
– ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
“Trillions and Trillions Served” documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) “Apache Everywhere” https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) “Why Apache” https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
– The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
– The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniv
– Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet Christ Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris | Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a
broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.