Greetings everyone –it’s time to review the Apache community’s activities from the past week:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 21 October 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– Registration is open (and free) for ApacheCon@Home 29 September – 1 October https://www.apachecon.com/acna2020/
– Sponsorships available for ApacheCon@Home https://www.apachecon.com/acna2020/sponsors.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.89%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 382 Apache Committers changed 3,359,513 lines of code over 3,557 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Mark Thomas, Jarek Potiuk, Andrea Cosentino, Claus Ibsen, and Shad Storhaug.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache Kylin 4.0.0-alpha released https://kylin.apache.org/
– Apache NetBeans 12.1 released http://netbeans.apache.org/
Identity Management —
– Apache Syncope 2.0.16 and 2.1.7 released https://syncope.apache.org/
– Apache Qpid Dispatch 1.14.0 released https://qpid.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that ApacheCon@Home features keynotes by Jonathan Ellis of DataStax, Sam Lightstone of IBM, Gian Merlino of Imply, Anil Inamdar of Instaclustr, Thomas Huang of NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Edmon Begoli of Oak Ridge National Labs, Kim Huang of Red Hat, Sheng Wu of Tetrate, Camille Fournier of Two Sigma, and Catherine McGarvey of VMWare? Sign up today https://hopin.to/events/apachecon-home
– Did you know that Solr is de-coupling from Apache Lucene to be an independent Apache project? Learn more from Atri Sharma, as interviewed by Rich Bowen, exclusively on Feathercast https://feathercast.apache.org/2020/09/01/apache-solr-and-lucene-atri-sharma/
– Did you know that recent entries into the Apache Incubator include BlueMarlin (Data Streaming), Liminal (Machine Learning), Pegasus (Big Data), and Sedona (Geospatial)? http://incubator.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices
– Apache Month In Review: August 2020 https://s.apache.org/Aug2020
– ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
“Trillions and Trillions Served” documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) “Apache Everywhere” https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) “Why Apache” https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
– The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
– The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniv
– Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet Christ Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris | Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a
broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.