Happy Friday! Let’s take a look at what the Apache community has been up to over the past week:
Inside Infra – the interview series featuring members of the ASF Infrastructure team.
– Meet Daniel Gruno –Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 16 September 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– Registration is open (and free) for ApacheCon@Home 29 September – 1 October https://www.apachecon.com/acna2020/
– Sponsorships available for ApacheCon@Home https://www.apachecon.com/acna2020/sponsors.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.93%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 396 Apache Committers changed 2,112,475 lines of code over 3,612 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Daniel Gruno, Mark Miller, Nick Vatamaniuc, Robert Newson, and Andrea Cosentino.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache Ranger 2.1.0 released http://ranger.apache.org/
– Apache Accumulo 1.10.0 released http://accumulo.apache.org/
-Apache Jackrabbit 2.12.11 and Oak 1.34.0 released https://jackrabbit.apache.org/
– Apache Geode 1.13.0 released http://geode.apache.org/
– Apache ZooKeeper 3.6.2 released https://zookeeper.apache.org/
– Apache OpenJPA 3.1.2 released http://openjpa.apache.org/
– Apache Commons IO 2.8.0 released https://commons.apache.org/pro
– Apache OpenWebBeans-2.0.18 released http://openwebbeans.apache.org
– Apache Tomcat Native 1.2.25 released https://tomcat.apache.org/
Web Conferencing —
– Apache OpenMeetings 4.0.11 released https://openmeetings.apache.or
Did You Know?
– Did you know that ApacheCon@Home keynoters include
Edmon Begoli, Director of Scalable Protected Data Facilities at Oak Ridge National Laboratory;
Ben Bromhead, CTO and Co-Founder at Instaclustr;
Jonathan Ellis, Co-founder and CTO at DataStax;
Camille Fournier, Head of Platform Engineering at Two Sigma;
Kim Huang, Content Strategist at Red Hat;
Thomas Huang, Technical Group Supervisor and Strategic Lead for Interactive Analytics at NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory;
Sam Lightstone, Chief Technology Officer for AI Strategy at IBM; and
Catharine McGarvey, Development Engineering Lead for Tanzu at VMWare? https://www.apachecon.com/acah2020/tracks/keynotes.html
– Did you know that Apache Druid are holding a series of MeetUps in September? http://druid.apache.org/
– Did you know that Apache MXNet (incubating) was listed among the best machine learning and deep learning libraries for building and training machine learning and deep learning models? https://mxnet.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices
– Apache Month In Review: August 2020 https://s.apache.org/Aug2020
– ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
“Trillions and Trillions Served” documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) “Apache Everywhere” https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) “Why Apache” https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
– The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
– The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniv
– Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet Christ Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris | Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a
broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.