Happy Friday! Let’s take a look at what the Apache community has been up to over the past week:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 16 September 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– Registration is open (and free) for ApacheCon@Home 29 September – 1 October https://www.apachecon.com/acna2020/
– Sponsorships available for ApacheCon@Home https://www.apachecon.com/acna2020/sponsors.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.76%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over
the past week, 233 Apache Committers changed 1,491,530 lines of
over 1,662 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Luca Burgazzoli, Kaxil Naik, Liang Zhang, Nick Vatamaniuc, and Boris Zhu.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
– Apache APISIX Dashboard 1.5 (Incubating) released https://apisix.apache.org/
Application Performance Monitor —
– Apache SkyWalking Chart 3.1.0 released https://skywalking.apache.org/
Big Data —
– Apache ShardingSphere ElasticJob UI 3.0.0-alpha released https://shardingsphere.apache.
– Apache NiFi 1.12.0 released http://nifi.apache.org/
– Apache Qpid JMS 0.54.0 and Dispatch 1.13.0 released https://qpid.apache.org/
– Apache Lucene 8.6.1 and Solr 8.6.1 released http://lucene.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Apache projects’ ongoing sustainability is ensured through the generosity of our Sponsors and individual donors, whose support helps ensure that the ASF continues to steward 227M+ lines of code and provide more than $20B worth of software to the public-at-large at 100% no cost? http://donate.apache.org
– Did you know that you can learn about Apache Beam, Calcite, Camel, CarbonData, Groovy, Hadoop, Karaf, Labs, NetBeans, OFBiz, OpenOffice, PLC4X, Rya, Spark, Tomcat, Unomi, and more in the “Apache Innovation” short segment of the “Trillions and Trillions Served” documentary? https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
– Did you know that projects undergoing development in the Apache Incubator are in a variety of categories that include AI, Annotation, Big Data, Blockchain, Cryptography, Data Visualization, Distributed Computing, Email, Embedded Systems, Geospatial Data, Graphing, Hardware Acceleration, IoT, Messaging, Monitoring, Natural Language Processing, Scheduling, Streaming, Training, Usability Testing, and more? http://incubator.apache.org/projects/
Apache Community Notices
– Apache Month In Review: July 2020 https://s.apache.org/July2020
– ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
“Trillions and Trillions Served” documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) “Apache Everywhere” https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) “Why Apache” https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
– The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
– The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniv
– Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet Christ Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris | Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
– Did you know that Beam Summit 2020 will be held 24-28 August online and free of charge? https://beamsummit.org/
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to
email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a
broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.