We’re more than halfway through the year, and the Apache community is wrapping up another great week. Let’s take a look:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 15 July 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– Registration is OPEN (and free!) for ApacheCon@Home: combining ApacheCon North America and ApacheCon
Europe in a new, online format! Taking place 29 September – 1 October. Join us! https://www.apachecon.com/acna2020/ – FINAL CALL: CFP for ApacheCon@Home closes on 13 July https://www.apachecon.com/acna2020/cfp.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.95%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 303 Apache Committers changed 752,461 lines of code over 2,537 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Andrea Cosentino, Ioan Eugen Stan, Sebastian Bazley, and Paul King.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.21.2 released https://jackrabbit.apache.org/
– Apache Tomcat 7.0.105, 8.5.57, 9.0.37, and 10.0.0-M7 released https://tomcat.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that more than 100 developers at University Hospitals Leuven, one of Belgium’s largest hospitals, created software (powered by Apache Subversion, Ant, Ivy, and many Apache Java libraries) that is used across the nexuzhealth joint venture of 25 hospitals to meet their rapidly-evolving needs as impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic? http://subversion.apache.org/ | http://ant.apache.org/ | https://ant.apache.org/ivy/
– Did you know that those wishing to support Apache may do so with a donation towards their ApacheCon@Home registration or by sponsoring the event? https://www.apachecon.com/acna2020/
– Did you know that Airflow Summit continues over the next week? https://airflowsummit.org/
Apache Community Notices
“Trillions and Trillions Served” – three parts of the documentary on the ASF
filmed onsite at ApacheCon Las Vegas and Berlin in 2019 have been released: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) “Apache Everywhere” short https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) “Why Apache” teaser https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions
– Apache Month In Review: June 2020 – overview of events that have taken place within the Apache community https://s.apache.org/June2020
– The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
– The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniv
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q3 FY2020 (November 2019 – January 2020) https://s.apache.org/r6s5u
– Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet Christ Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris | Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
– Airflow Summit 2020 will be held online 6-17 July online https://airflowsummit.org/
– Did you know that Beam Summit 2020 will be held 24-28 August online and free of charge? https://beamsummit.org/
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a
broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.