Welcome, July! We’ve had a great week within the Apache community. Here’s what happened:
Inside Infra – the third interview in the series with members of the ASF Infrastructure team.
– Meet Greg Stein –Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 15 July 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– NEW! ApacheCon@Home: combining ApacheCon North America and ApacheCon
Europe in a new, online format! Taking place 29 September – 1 October,
registration is OPEN and FREE, with donation options for those wishing
to support the ASF. Join us!
– CFP for ApacheCon@Home has been re-opened. Hurry! Presentation proposals due on 13 July.
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 907 Apache contributors changed 1,367,670 lines of code over 3,904 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Gary Gregory, Kaxil Naik, Andrea Cosentino, Eugen Stan, and Sebastian Bazley.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Application Performance Monitor —
– Apache Chart 3.0.0 and Python 0.1.0 released https://skywalking.apache.org/
– Apache IoTDB (Incubating) 0.10.0 released https://iotdb.apache.org/
Network Client —
– Apache Guacamole 1.2.0 released https://guacamole.apache.org/
Web Crawler —
– Apache Nutch 1.17 released https://nutch.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating
anniversaries this month? Three cheers to Tcl (20 years); DB (18 years);
STeVe (8 years); JSPWiki (7 years); Celix and Tez (6 years); NiFi (5
years); Kudu (4 years); Fluo, MADlib, and Streams (3 years); OpenWhisk
– Did you know that, as with all Apache software, registration to
ApacheCon@Home is free of charge? We do have donation options for those
who wish to support the ASF; thank you in advance for your
participation. Join us!
– Did you know that John Deere’s data platform is powered by Apache Flink
and Apache Spark to scalably receive and processes millions of sensor
measurements per second, and adapt to continually increasing volumes of
Apache Community Notices
“Trillions and Trillions Served” – the feature documentary on the ASF
filmed onsite at ApacheCon Las Vegas and Berlin in 2019
– The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
– The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniv
– Apache Month In Review: June 2020 – overview of events that have taken place within the Apache community https://s.apache.org/June2020
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q3 FY2020 (November 2019 – January 2020) https://s.apache.org/r6s5u
– “Trillions and Trillions Served”, the documentary on the ASF, is in post-production. Catch the teaser at https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions and “Apache Everywhere”, the first “Trillions” “short” filmed onsite at ApacheCon Las Vegas and Berlin this past year https://youtu.be/nXtIti9jMFI
– Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August – October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
– Did you know that Airflow Summit 2020 will be held 6-17 July online? https://airflowsummit.org/
– Did you know that Beam Summit 2020 will be held 24-28 August online and free of charge? https://beamsummit.org/
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
Find out how you can participate with Apache
community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel,
Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
= = =
real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a
broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.