Farewell, June –we’re wrapping up the
month with another great week. Here are the latest updates on the Apache
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 15 July 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– Notice on Apache 2020 Conferences https://s.apache.org/zgm8m
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 917 Apache contributors changed 3,498,501 lines of code over 3,692 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Manfred Moser, Sebastian Bazley, Andrea Cosentino, Gary Gregory, and Claus Ibsen.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Application Performance Monitor —
– Apache SkyWalking 8.0.1 and Nginx LUA 0.2.0 released https://skywalking.apache.org/
Big Data —
– Apache Calcite Avatica 1.17.0 released https://calcite.apache.org/avatica
Build Management —
– Apache Archiva 2.2.5 released https://archiva.apache.org/
– Apache CXF Fediz 1.5.0 released http://cxf.apache.org/fediz.ht
– Apache Pulsar 2.6.0 released https://pulsar.apache.org/
– Apache Traffic Server 8.0.8 and 7.1.11 released https://trafficserver.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Apache Cordova released OSX 6.0.0? https://cordova.apache.org/
– Did you know that Apache Royale released the new, nifty Tour De Jewel component to demonstrate progress on pages? https://royale.apache.org/
– Did you know that the Python agent for Apache SkyWalking is in development? http://skywalking.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices
– “Trillions and Trillions Served” – the feature documentary on the ASF filmed onsite at ApacheCon Las Vegas and Berlin in 2019 https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature
– The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
– The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniv
– Apache Month In Review: May 2020 – overview of events that have taken place within the Apache community https://s.apache.org/May2020
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q3 FY2020 (November 2019 – January 2020) https://s.apache.org/r6s5u
– “Trillions and Trillions Served”, the documentary on the ASF, is in post-production. Catch the teaser at https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions and “Apache Everywhere”, the first “Trillions” “short” filmed onsite at ApacheCon Las Vegas and Berlin this past year https://youtu.be/nXtIti9jMFI
– Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August – October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
– Did you know that Airflow Summit 2020 will be held 6-17 July online? https://airflowsummit.org/
– Did you know that Beam Summit 2020 will be held 24-28 August online and free of charge? https://beamsummit.org/
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.