Happy Friday! Let’s take a look at what the Apache community has been up to over the past week:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 15 July 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– Notice on Apache 2020 Conferences https://s.apache.org/zgm8m
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.72%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 902 Apache contributors changed 5,499,342 lines of code over 3,942 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Chunen Ni, Sebastian Bazley, Rupeng Wang, Gary Gregory, and Andrea Cosentino.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Cloud Computing —
– Apache Libcloud 3.1.0 released http://libcloud.apache.org/
– Apache HttpComponents Client 5.0.1 GA released https://hc.apache.org/
– Apache Traffic Control 4.1.0 released https://trafficcontrol.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that you can meet Apache APISIX (Incubating), catch up with Apache CloudStack, see what’s next with Apache HBaseas the project celebrates its 10th Anniversary, and more? Only on Feathercast –the voice of the ASF https://feathercast.apache.org
– Did you know that Tencent uses Apache Pulsar to process tens of billions of dollars in financial transactions each day? http://pulsar.apache.org/
– Did you know that Apache Cordova has a major release for iOS? https://cordova.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices
– “Trillions and Trillions Served” – the feature documentary on the ASF filmed onsite at ApacheCon Las Vegas and Berlin in 2019 https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature
– The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
– The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniv
– Apache Month In Review: May 2020 – overview of events that have taken place within the Apache community https://s.apache.org/May2020
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q3 FY2020 (November 2019 – January 2020) https://s.apache.org/r6s5u
– “Trillions and Trillions Served”, the documentary on the ASF, is in post-production. Catch the teaser at https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions and “Apache Everywhere”, the first “Trillions” “short” filmed onsite at
ApacheCon Las Vegas and Berlin this past year https://youtu.be/nXtIti9jMFI
– Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August – October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
– Did you know that Airflow Summit 2020 will be held 6-17 July online? https://airflowsummit.org/
– Did you know that Beam Summit 2020 will be held 24-28 August online and free of charge? https://beamsummit.org/
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
Find out how you can participate with Apache
community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel,
Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
= = =
real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to
email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a
broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.