Hurrah for Friday! We’ve had a great week within the Apache community. Here’s what happened:
“Trillions and Trillions Served” – the feature documentary on the ASF filmed onsite at ApacheCon Las Vegas and Berlin in 2019 https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature
Inside Infra – the third interview in the series with members of the ASF Infrastructure team.
– Meet Greg Stein –Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 17 June 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– Notice on Apache 2020 Conferences https://s.apache.org/zgm8m
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.98%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 350 committers changed 922,742 lines of code over 2,850 commits. Top 5 committers, in order of commits, are: Andrea Cosentino, Guillaume Nodet, Jark Wu, Raphaël Ouazana, and Michael Vorburger.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache ShardingSphere 4.1.1 released https://shardingsphere.apache.org/
– Apache Beam 2.22.0 released https://beam.apache.org/
– Apache Flink Stateful Functions 2.1.0 released https://flink.apache.org/
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.20.1 released https://jackrabbit.apache.org/
– Apache PDFBox 2.0.20 released https://pdfbox.apache.org/
Integrated Development Environment —
– Apache NetBeans 12.0 released https://netbeans.apache.org/
– Newly Identified Inactive Malware Campaign: Impact on Apache NetBeans https://blogs.apache.org/netbeans/entry/newly-identified-inactive-malware-campaign
– Apache Commons IO 2.7 released https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-io/
– Apache Commons BCEL 6.5.0 released https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-bcel/
– Apache Qpid JMS 0.52.0 released https://qpid.apache.org/
– Apache Tomcat 8.5.56, 9.0.36, and 10.0.0-M6 released https://tomcat.apache.org/
– Apache HttpComponents Core 5.0.1 GA released https://hc.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that you could help with the next version of Apache OpenOffice? https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/apache-openoffice-needs-your-help
– Did you know that Airflow Summit 2020 will be held 6-17 July online? https://airflowsummit.org/
– Did you know that Beam Summit 2020 will be held 24-28 August online and free of charge? https://beamsummit.org/
Apache Community Notices
– The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
– The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniv
– Apache Month In Review: May 2020 – overview of events that have taken place within the Apache community https://s.apache.org/May2020
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q3 FY2020 (November 2019 – January 2020) https://s.apache.org/r6s5u
– “Trillions and Trillions Served”, the documentary on the ASF, is in post-production. Catch the teaser at https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions and “Apache Everywhere”, the first “Trillions” “short” filmed onsite at
ApacheCon Las Vegas and Berlin this past year https://youtu.be/nXtIti9jMFI
– Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August – October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
Find out how you can participate with Apache
community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel,
Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
= = =
real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to
email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a
broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.