Welcome, June! We’ve had a great week within the Apache community. Here’s what happened:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 17 June 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– Notice on Apache 2020 Conferences https://s.apache.org/zgm8m
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 918 Apache contributors changed 11,483,033 lines of code over 3,726 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Gary Gregory, Claus Ibsen, Andrea Cosentino, and Mark Thomas.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Hudi™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/odtwv
– Apache JSPWiki 2.11.0.M7 released https://jspwiki-wiki.apache.or
Identity Management —
– Apache Fortress 2.0.5 released http://directory.apache.org/fo
Integrated Development Environment —
– Newly Identified Inactive Malware Campaign: Impact on Apache NetBeans https://blogs.apache.org/netbeans/entry/newly-identified-inactive-malware-campaign
– Apache Curator 5.0.0 released https://curator.apache.org/
– Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.33.5 and JMS AMQP 0-x 6.4.0 released https://qpid.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating anniversaries this month? SpamAssassin (16 years); Santuario (14 years); Commons and Wicket (13 years); Sling (11 years); Karaf (10 years); Flume and VCL (8 years); Mesos (7 years); Atlas and Mynewt (3 years) –many happy returns! https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
– Did you know that the first Pulsar Summit will be held 17-18 June? SIgn up today at https://pulsar-summit.org
– Did you know that Feathercast is back? The voice of the ASF is up with new projects featured, such as HBase, Shiro, Kafka, SkyWalkng, Ignite, Mahout, and more! https://feathercast.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices
– The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
– The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniv
– Apache Month In Review: May 2020 – overview of events that have taken place within the Apache community https://s.apache.org/May2020
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q3 FY2020 (November 2019 – January 2020) https://s.apache.org/r6s5u
– “Trillions and Trillions Served”, the documentary on the ASF, is in post-production. Catch the teaser at https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions and “Apache Everywhere”, the first “Trillions” “short” filmed onsite at
ApacheCon Las Vegas and Berlin this past year https://youtu.be/nXtIti9jMFI
– Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August – October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
Find out how you can participate with Apache
community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel,
Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
= = =
real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a
broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.