Happy Friday! Let’s take a look at what the Apache community has been up to over the past week:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 17 June 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– Notice on Apache 2020 Conferences https://s.apache.org/zgm8m
– CFP EXTENDED for ApacheCon North America: submissions due 1 June https://www.apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.98%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 906 Apache contributors changed 30,740,023 lines of code over 3,548 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Liang Zhang, Andrea Cosentino, Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Claus Ibsen, and Peter Palaga.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache Kudu 1.12.0 released https://kudu.apache.org/
– Apache Kylin 2.6.6 and 3.0.2 released https://kylin.apache.org/
– Apache StreamPipes (Incubating) 0.66.0 released https://streampipes.apache.org/
– Apache Log4j 2.13.3 released https://logging.apache.org/
Programming Languages —
– Apache Groovy 2.5.12 and 3.0.4 released http://groovy.apache.org/
– Apache Tomcat 7.0.104 released https://tomcat.apache.org/
– Apache JMeter 5.3 released https://jmeter.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the ASF is one of 10 organizations chosen by FOSS Responders to benefit from their first “UPLIFT!” Virtual Funding Event, being held on Friday 22 May? Thank you in advance for participating! https://fossresponders.com/#events
– Did you know that you can help Apache OpenOffice with their next release? Roll up sleeves and jump in! https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/apache-openoffice-needs-your-help
– Did you know that Feathercast is back? The voice of the ASF features hundreds of recordings on Apache projects and their communities, ApacheCon presentations, and more! NEW: interviews with Apache Airflow, Ignite, Kafka, Mahou, OFBiz, Sling, and more. https://feathercast.apache.org
Apache Community Notices
– The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
– The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniv
– Apache Month In Review: April 2020 – overview of events that have taken place within the Apache community https://s.apache.org/Apr2020
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q3 FY2020 (November 2019 – January 2020) https://s.apache.org/r6s5u
– “Trillions and Trillions Served”, the documentary on the ASF, is in post-production. Catch the teaser at https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions and “Apache Everywhere”, the first “Trillions” “short” filmed onsite at
ApacheCon Las Vegas and Berlin this past year https://youtu.be/nXtIti9jMFI
– Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August – October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
Find out how you can participate with Apache
community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel,
Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
= = =
real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to
email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a
broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.