Happy Friday! Let’s take a look at what the Apache community has been up to over the past week:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 20 May 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– Notice on Apache 2020 Conferences https://s.apache.org/zgm8m
– CFP EXTENDED for ApacheCon North America: submissions due 1 June https://www.apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 952 Apache contributors changed 5,939,295 lines of code over 4,345 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Hervé Boutemy, Andrea Cosentino, Daniel Sun, Paul Davis, and Gary Gregory.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Cloud Computing —
– Apache Libcloud 3.0.0 released http://libcloud.apache.org/
– Apache Qpid Broker-J 7.0.9 released http://qpid.apache.org
Programming Languages —
– Apache Groovy 2.5.11 and 3.0.3 released http://groovy.apache.org/
– Apache Lucene 8.5.1 and Solr 8.5.1 released https://lucene.apache.org/
– Apache Traffic Server 8.0.7 and 7.1.10 released http://trafficserver.apache.org/
– Did you know that Apache Flink, Kafka, NiFi, and Zeppelin help drive event-driven supply chains for crisis support across medical, retail, transport, and other critical applications? https://projects.apache.org/projects.html?category
– Did you know that Apache Feathercast –the voice of the ASF– has new recordings on Apache OFBiz and Sling, as well as interviews with past ApacheCon keynoters and presentations on dozens of Apache projects and incubating podlings? Learn more as https://feathercast.apache.org/
– Did you know that, due to COVID-19, Flink Forward (April 22-24) will be making the has become a virtual event, with keynotes and talks available free for all attendees this year? https://www.flink-forward.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
– The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniv
– Apache Month In Review: March 2020 – overview of events that have taken place within the Apache community https://s.apache.org/Mar2020
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q3 FY2020 (November 2019 – January 2020) https://s.apache.org/r6s5u
– “Trillions and Trillions Served”, the documentary on the ASF, is in post-production. Catch the teaser at https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions
– Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August – October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.