Welcome, April! We’ve had a great week within the Apache community. Here’s what happened:
Break out the cake, balloons, and streamers! The Apache® Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership – world’s largest Open Source foundation advances community-led innovation “The Apache Way” https://s.apache.org/21stAnniversary
Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF Infrastructure team.
– Meet Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Announcing New ASF Board of Directors https://s.apache.org/Board2020
– Next Board Meeting: 15 April 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– Event status details posted at: Notice on Apache 2020 Conferences https://s.apache.org/zgm8m
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.99%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 917 Apache contributors changed 2,954,074 lines of code over 4,565 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Andrea Cosentino, Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Mark Thomas, Kaxil Naik, and Claus Ibsen.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Application Performance Management —
– Apache SkyWalking Chart 2.0.0 released https://skywalking.apache.org/
Big Data —
– Apache Druid 0.17.1 released https://druid.apache.org/
– Apache Tuweni (Incubating) 1.0.0 released https://tuweni.apache.org/
Network Client/Server —
– Apache Directory LDAP API 2.0.1 released https://directory.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that some of the top technology jobs today require experience with Apache Cassandra, Apache Cordova, Apache Flume, Apache Hadoop, Apache HBase, Apache Hive, Apache HTTP Server, Apache Kafka, Apache Mesos, Apache NiFi, Apache OpenNLP, Apache Spark, Apache Tomcat, Apache ZooKeeper, among many others? https://projects.apache.org/
– Did you know that 11th grade students in Ontario, Canada, can practice their computer science skills with a special Learning At Home course that uses Apache NetBeans? http://netbeans.apache.org/
– Did you know that the ASF is an official associated partner of the KNX Foundation for commercial/domestic building automation, IIoT, and Industry 4.0 standards? Apache Projects in IoT include Camel, Edgent (incubating), Ignite, IoTDB (incubating), Mynewt, PLC4X, Streampipes (incubating), and more? https://projects.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
– Apache Month In Review: March 2020 – overview of events that have taken place within the Apache community https://s.apache.org/Mar2020
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q3 FY2020 (November 2019 – January 2020) https://s.apache.org/r6s5u
– “Trillions and Trillions Served”, the documentary on the ASF, is in post-production. Catch the teaser at https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions
– Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August – October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel,
Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending
mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter.
For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.