Greetings everyone –let’s review what the Apache community has been up to over the past week:
In case you missed it: The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 15 April 2020. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– Event status details posted at: Notice on Apache 2020 Conferences https://s.apache.org/zgm8m
Apache Community Development – the committee that welcomes new participants to the Apache community and mentors them in “The Apache Way”.
– Warsaw, Poland, joins Indore, India and Beijing, China as the latest Apache Local Community (ALC) Chapter https://s.apache.org/o3ixu
– About the Apache Local Community program https://s.apache.org/alc
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.95%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 910 Apache contributors changed 1,815,364 lines of code over 3,659 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Andrea Cosentino, Dan Haywood, Claus Ibsen, Julian Reschke, and Colm O hEigeartaigh.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
– Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.22.2 released https://jackrabbit.apache.org/
– Apache Tika 1.24 released https://tika.apache.org/
– Apache Qpid JMS 0.50.0 released https://qpid.apache.org/
– Apache Tomcat 7.0.103, 8.5.53, 9.0.33, and 10.0.0-M3 released https://tomcat.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that more than 60% of Apache projects use Apache Maven for build management? https://maven.apache.org/
– Did you know that you can help the Apache Fluo project? Find out how at https://helpwanted.apache.org/
– Did you know that you can purchase swag (stickers, clothing, mugs, wall art, and more) for your favorite Apache projects at https://www.redbubble.com/people/comdev/shop ? Email email@example.com to have new projects added to the group!
Apache Community Notices:
– Apache Month In Review: February 2020 – overview of events that have taken place within the Apache community https://s.apache.org/Feb2020
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q3 FY2020 (November 2019 – January 2020) https://s.apache.org/r6s5u
– “Trillions and Trillions Served”, the documentary on the ASF, is in post-production. Catch the teaser at https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions
– Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August – October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel,
Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending
mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter.
For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.