Greetings everyone –it’s time to review the Apache community’s activities from the past week:
The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
Apache Month In Review – a summary of what the Apache community has been up to in February https://s.apache.org/Feb2020
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q3 FY2020 (November 2019 – January 2020) https://s.apache.org/r6s5u
– Next Board Meeting: 18 March 2020. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– Notice on Apache 2020 Conferences https://s.apache.org/zgm8m
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.66%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 861 Apache contributors changed 9,213,465 lines of code over 3,428 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Andrea Cosentino, Luca Burgazzoli, Mark Thomas, Jialin Qiao, and Carlos Rovira.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.18.5 released https://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Enterprise Processes Automation / ERP —
– Apache OFBiz 17.12.01 released https://ofbiz.apache.org/
– Apache Commons Configuration 2.7 released https://commons.apache.org/
– Apache Qpid Broker–J 8.0.0 released https://qpid.apache.org/
Programming Languages —
– Apache Groovy 2.5.10 and 3.0.2 released https://groovy.apache.org/
– Apache FreeMarker 2.3.30 released https://freemarker.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating
anniversaries this month? Apache mod_perl (20 years); Maven (17 years),
Jackrabbit (14 years); Felix (13 years); Archiva (12 years); UIMA (10
years); Accumulo and Sqoop (8 years); Bloodhound, CloudStack, and cTAKES
(7 years); Allura, Olingo, Tajo (6 years); Sentry (4 years); and
FreeMarker (2 years). Many happy returns! https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
– Did you know that you can participate in the second annual Apache Druid community survey? https://surveymonkey.com/r/XGWX2BL
– Did you know that Apache Brooklyn v1.0 implements the OASIS CAMP (Cloud
Application Management for Platforms) and TOSCA (Topology and
Orchestration Specification for Cloud Applications) standards? https://brooklyn.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– Apache Month In Review: February 2020 – overview of events that have taken place within the Apache community https://s.apache.org/Feb2020
– “Trillions and Trillions Served”, the documentary on the ASF, is in post-production. Catch the teaser at https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions
– Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August – October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
– Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development “The Apache Way” https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– ASF Annual Report for FY2019 https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– Pre-registration open for the first Pulsar Summit http://pulsar.apache.org/blog/2019/12/18/Pulsar-summit-cfp/
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel,
Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending
mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter.
For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.