Welcome, March! We’ve had a great week within the Apache community. Here’s what happened:
Success at Apache – the monthly blog series that focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”.
– “Google Summer of Code Mentorship –inside the GSoC 2019 Mentor Summit” by Sanyam Goel and Kevin A. McGrail https://s.apache.org/ejj5q
Apache Month In Review – a summary what the Apache community has been up to in February 2020 https://s.apache.org/Feb2020
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q3 FY2020 (November 2019 – January 2020) https://s.apache.org/r6s5u
– Next Board Meeting: 18 March 2020. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– Notice on Apache 2020 Conferences https://s.apache.org/zgm8m
Apache Community Development – the committee that welcomes new participants to the Apache community and mentors them in “The Apache Way”.
– Beijing, China, joins Indore, India, as the latest Apache Local Community (ALC) Chapter https://s.apache.org/t4m3x
– About the Apache Local Community program https://s.apache.org/alc
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.87%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 824 Apache contributors changed 2,401,358 lines of code over 3,496 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Andrea Cosentino, Mark Thomas, Claus Ibsen, Paul J. Davis, and Tomaz Muraus.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache CouchDB 3.0.0 released https://couchdb.apache.org/
– Apache HBase 1.4.13 released https://hbase.apache.org/
Cloud Computing —
– The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® BrooklynTM v1.0 https://s.apache.org/ladi7
– Apache Derby 10.15.2.0 released https://db.apache.org/
– Apache PLC4X 0.6.0 released https://plc4x.apache.org/
– Apache Log4j 2.13.1 released https://logging.apache.org/
– Apache Qpid JMS 0.49.0 released https://qpid.apache.org/
– Apache Curator 4.3.0 released https://curator.apache.org/
Programming Languages —
– Apache Groovy 2.4.19 released https://groovy.apache.org/
– Apache Traffic Server 8.0.6 and 7.1.9 released https://trafficserver.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Netflix uses Apache Druid to manage its 1.5 trillion-row data warehouse requirements that include what users see when tapping the Netflix icon or logging in from a browser across platforms? http://druid.apache.org/
– Did you know that the Apache Airflow community will be at Airflow Summit, 3-5 June in Mountain View? http://airflow.apache.org/
– Did you know that WIRIS Math and Science uses ApacheMXNet to power MathType for Handwritten Math Recognition? https://mxnet.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– Apache Month In Review: February 2020 – overview of events that have taken place within the Apache community https://s.apache.org/Feb2020
– “Trillions and Trillions Served”, the documentary on the ASF, is in post-production. Catch the teaser at https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions
– Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August – October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
– Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development “The Apache Way” https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– ASF Annual Report for FY2019 https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– Pre-registration open for the first Pulsar Summit http://pulsar.apache.org/blog/2019/12/18/Pulsar-summit-cfp/
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel,
Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending
mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter.
For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.