Farewell, February –we’re wrapping up the
month with another great week. Here are the latest updates on the Apache
Happy 20th Anniversary Apache Subversion! Huzzah to the community-led version control software and source code management tool https://s.apache.org/ApacheSVN20
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 18 March 2020. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
1) Apache Roadshow/DC –25 March in CHANTILLY, VA. Registration open; Sponsorship opportunities available. Topics include Apache Projects & CARE
Initiatives (with George Mason University Center for Assurance Research
& Engineering); Cybersecurity; and Open Source Software in
2) Apache Roadshow/Chicago –18-19 May in CHICAGO, IL. CFP open. Sponsorship opportunities available. https://www.apachecon.com/chiroadshow20/
3) Apache Roadshow/Seattle –10-12 June in REDMOND, WA. Sponsorship opportunities available. Topics include Data and Analytics, ML and
AI, Java, Cloud, Containers, Servers, and Web Frameworks. https://www.apachecon.com/searoadshow20
4) ApacheCon North America
–28 September – 2 October in NEW ORLEANS, LA. CFP open; Registration
open; Sponsorship opportunities available. Topics include Big Data
Integration, Community, IoT, Search, Geospatial, Graphing, Integration,
Servers, and more. Apache Project content includes Camel, Cassandra,
Cloudstack, Fineract, Flagon, Gobblin, Groovy, HTTP Server, Ignite,
Karaf, Observability, Solr/Lucene, Tomcat, and Traffic Server/Traffic
Control, among others. https://www.apachecon.com/acna2020/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.96%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 908 Apache contributors changed 12,988,552 lines of code over 3,974 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Paul Davis, Nick Vatamaniuc, Carlos Rovira, Andrea Cosentino, and Nicola Ferraro.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
– Apache APISIX 1.1 and Dashboard 1.0 (Incubating) released https://apisix.apache.org/
Big Data —
– Apache NiFi 1.11.2 and 1.11.3 released https://nifi.apache.org/
– Apache Kylin 2.6.5 and 3.0.1 released https://kylin.apache.org/
– Apache PDFBox 2.0.19 released https://pdfbox.apache.org/
– Apache HttpComponents Client 5.0 GA released https://hc.apache.org/
– Apache Tomcat 10.0.0-M1 released https://tomcat.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that new podlings undergoing development in the Apache Incubator include NLPCraft (natural language processing resource scheduler), NuttX (real-time embedded operating system), and YuniKorn (standalone Big Data resource scheduler)?http://incubator.apache.org/projects/#current
– Did you know that Target uses Apache Druid for their enterprise-scale dashboarding/analytics platform? http://druid.apache.org/
– Did you know that Apache Open Office has a new English dictionaries extension release? http://openoffice.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– Apache Month In Review: January 2020 – overview of events that have taken place within the Apache community https://s.apache.org/1bbb1
– “Trillions and Trillions Served”, the documentary on the ASF, is in post-production. Catch the teaser at https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions
– Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August – October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
– Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development “The Apache Way” https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– ASF Annual Report for FY2019 https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– Pre-registration open for the first Pulsar Summit http://pulsar.apache.org/blog/2019/12/18/Pulsar-summit-cfp/
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel,
Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending
mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter.
For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.