It’s Friday already! We’re wrapping up another great week with the following activities:
Happy 25th Anniversary Apache HTTP Server! Raise a glass to the project and community that started it all. Hats off for its longevity as the world’s most popular Web server for a quarter century. Many happy returns http://httpd.apache.org/
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 18 March 2020. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
1) Apache Roadshow/DC –25 March in CHANTILLY, VA. Registration open; Sponsorship opportunities available. Topics include Apache Projects & CARE
Initiatives (with George Mason University Center for Assurance Research
& Engineering); Cybersecurity; and Open Source Software in
2) Apache Roadshow/Chicago –18-19 May in CHICAGO, IL. CFP open. Sponsorship opportunities available. https://www.apachecon.com/chiroadshow20/
3) Apache Roadshow/Seattle –10-12 June in REDMOND, WA. Sponsorship opportunities available. Topics include Data and Analytics, ML and
AI, Java, Cloud, Containers, Servers, and Web Frameworks. https://www.apachecon.com/searoadshow20
4) ApacheCon North America –28 September – 2 October in NEW ORLEANS, LA. CFP open; Registration open; Sponsorship opportunities available. Topics include Big Data
Integration, Community, IoT, Search, Geospatial, Graphing, Integration,
Servers, and more. Apache Project content includes Camel, Cassandra,
Cloudstack, Fineract, Flagon, Gobblin, Groovy, HTTP Server, Ignite,
Karaf, Observability, Solr/Lucene, Tomcat, and Traffic Server/Traffic
Control, among others. https://www.apachecon.com/acna2020/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.93%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 810 Apache contributors changed 4,791,832 lines of code over 3,495 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Andrea Cosentino, Claus Ibsen, Andi Huber, Bharath Vissapragadam, and Carlos Rovira.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache Avro 1.9.2 released https://avro.apache.org/
– Apache HBase 2.1.9 released https://hbase.apache.org/
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.21.0 and Oak 1.4.26 released https://jackrabbit.apache.org/
– Apache POI 4.1.2 released https://poi.apache.org/
– Apache Qpid Broker-J 7.1.8 released https://qpid.apache.org/
Programming Languages —
– Apache Groovy 3.0.1 released https://groovy.apache.org/
– Apache Tomcat 7.0.100 released https://tomcat.apache.org/
– Apache HttpComponents Core 5.0 GA released https://hc.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that newcomers to Apache are encouraged to get started and learn about The Apache Way with the friendly folks at ASF’s Community Development (ComDev) project? http://community.apache.org/
– Did you know that Boston Children’s Hospital uses Apache cTAKES to link phenotypic and genomic data for the Precision Link Biobank? http://ctakes.apache.org/
– Did you know that Netflix uses Apache Druid to optimize streaming in real time? http://druid.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– Apache Month In Review: January 2020 – overview of events that have taken place within the Apache community https://s.apache.org/1bbb1
– "Trillions and Trillions Served", the documentary on the ASF, is in post-production. Catch the teaser at https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions
– Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August – October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
– Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– ASF Annual Report for FY2019 https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– Pre-registration open for the first Pulsar Summit http://pulsar.apache.org/blog/2019/12/18/Pulsar-summit-cfp/
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel,
Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending
mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter.
For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.