Happy Friday (and Valentine’s Day for those who celebrate) –let’s review what the Apache community has been up to over the past week:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 19 February 2020. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
1) Registration open; Sponsorship opportunities available: Apache Roadshow/DC –25 March in CHANTILLY, VA. Topics include Apache Projects & CARE Initiatives (with George Mason University Center for Assurance Research & Engineering); Cybersecurity; and Open Source Software in Start-Ups. https://www.apachecon.com/usroadshowdc20/
2) CFP open. Sponsorship opportunities available: Apache Roadshow/Chicago –18-19 May in CHICAGO, IL. https://www.apachecon.com/chiroadshow20/
3) Sponsorship opportunities available. Apache Roadshow/Seattle –10-12 June in REDMOND, WA. Topics include Data and Analytics, ML and AI, Java, Cloud, Containers, Servers, and Web Frameworks. https://www.apachecon.com/searoadshow20
4) CFP open; Registration open; Sponsorship opportunities available: ApacheCon North America –28 September – 2 October in NEW ORLEANS, LA. Topics include Big Data Integration, Community, IoT, Search, Geospatial, Graphing, Integration, Servers, and more. Apache Project content includes Camel, Cassandra, Cloudstack, Fineract, Flagon, Gobblin, Groovy, HTTP Server, Ignite, Karaf, Observability, Solr/Lucene, Tomcat, and Traffic Server/Traffic Control, among others. https://www.apachecon.com/acna2020/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.85%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 943 Apache contributors changed 3,276,658 lines of code over 3,818 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Andrea Tarocchi, Andrea Cosentino, Claus Ibsen, Lukasz Lenart, and Duo Zhang.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache Arrow 0.16.0 released https://arrow.apache.org/
– Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.22.1 released https://jackrabbit.apache.org/
– Apache Milagro (Incubating) Crypto-C V2.0.1 released https://milagro.apache.org/
– Apache Commons Compress 1.20 released https://commons.apache.org/com
– Apache Commons CSV 1.8 released https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-csv/
Programming Languages —
– Apache Groovy 3.0.0 released https://groovy.apache.org/
– Apache Tomcat 8.5.51 and 9.0.31 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Apache Impala now supports Apache Hudi (incubating), Hive, and ORC? http://impala.apache.org/
– Did you know that the Apache NetBeans C/C++ donation by Oracle is nearing completion? Review and final stage countdown is on https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rc62f519d5a203d1624cbc5116e0db399fed8ce7560bc7594a93e6fd8%40%3Cdev.netbeans.apache.org%3E
– Did you know that you can access your favorite Apache project logos at http://apache.org/logos/ ?
Apache Community Notices:
– Apache Month In Review: January 2020 – overview of events that have taken place within the Apache community https://s.apache.org/1bbb1
– "Trillions and Trillions Served", the documentary on the ASF, is in post-production. Catch the teaser at https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions
– Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August – October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
– Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– ASF Annual Report for FY2019 https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– CFP and pre-registration open for the first Pulsar Summit http://pulsar.apache.org/blog/2019/12/18/Pulsar-summit-cfp/
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel,
Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending
mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter.
For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.